“Another Amazing Stay!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 133 Hotels in Portland
Lincoln City, Oregon
“Another Amazing Stay!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I love this hotel. The location in downtown is great with so many places to eat & shop within walking distance. But what constantly amazes me is their A++++ service. I mean every staff member (valet, housekeeping, front desk, room service, etc) is very friendly and cheerful. This time we extended our stay by a night as I got sick from a meal at the Portland City Grill (late night in the lounge) - the hotel staff were so thoughtful on checking to see if I needed anything, brought up complimentary bottled waters, and even offered to go get me whatever I wanted off site! Keep in mind I didn't get sick from their restaurant - it was from a totally unrelated place. I would easily recommend this hotel for business or relaxing stays.

Room Tip: We like the "King Suite" room type as it has the ability to close large french doors to gi...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (490)
Wade
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I can't say enough good things about this hotel. This family trip included a life threatening hospital stay, an elderly family member that doesn't get around well, a car crash... and so you get the idea. However the staff at the Monaco went out of their way to look after and entertain an elderly member of my family while I dealt with emergencies. They were helpful, friendly and accommodating to everyone and the door man even left a get well card in our room. The rooms are beautifully appointed, comfortable and they offer coffee and wine in the lobby every morning and evening. The restaurant has great food and a good chocolate martini. I will visit Portland again, I will have a better trip next time and I will without a doubt be staying at the Monaco.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Centreville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Very nice stay for 5 nights in a king corner suite on the 8th floor. Bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was spacious. We really enjoyed all the little extras the hotel provided including free ice cream bars in the afternoon, ice cold flavored water by the lobby elevators, happy hour every night with free wine and/or beer, and complementary bikes. Hotel was in easy walking distance of many restaurants, museums, the Willamette River and many parks. Big, relaxing lobby with interesting decor. While the hotel has valet parking, we saved money and parked in a parking garage one block away.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor for better city views
Green Features: Two trashcans in room - one for recycling. All hotels should do this.
St. Louis, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Spent four nights at this hotel and thought it was quite lovely. The decor is a little funky, which I love and the place was not overly crowded, like some of the other hotels in downtown Portland. Our room was very nice and comfortable. It had a large bathroom and large windows that looked out into the streets. I loved the windows, but we could hear some of the traffic early in the morning. My only real complaint with the hotel is something that most of you won't experience (at least from what I've been told). One morning, I heard a "blub, blub" sound coming from the bathroom. I peeked into the bathroom and there were bubbles (yes, bubbles...lots of bubbles!) seeping out of the toilet and sink. I immediately called the front desk and alerted them. They sent maintenance, who was equally as confused as the front desk woman. The maintenance guy called his manager. The manager walked in, took one look and said, "Yep, I've seen this before. It only happens once every couple of years, and only in this room. We're not really sure why. We can switch you to another room, but I can almost guarantee it's not going to happen again." We were leaving the next morning anyway, so decided to stay. And he was right, it didn't happen again, but how odd? The maintenance manager was very nice and apologetic, but we never heard anything from the front desk about the incident.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

I travel frequently to Portland and have stayed at many hotels in the downtown area and I must say the Hotel Monaco is my favorite hotel. The staff is always very friendly and helpful and are always willing to assist with making your stay enjoyable. The rooms are quite spacious compared to other hotels in the area and well decorated.

Room Tip: Splurge and get a suite, it's well worth it
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Sao Paulo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Perfect location,close to everything:stores,Voodoo Donuts,,the river,best restaurants,and so on.
Perfect staff:Jenna and Andrew from front desk( nice,courteous) and Joseph," the guy who knows everything from Portland".
Perfect room: king corner suíte: modern decor,really cool.
And the most Perfect city ever!!!I regret just staying 3 nights only!!!

By the way: Did I lose a navy blue sandal in room 817???I guess I am a kind of Cinderella,but maybe is na sign of the destiny to come back!!

Room Tip: KIng corner suíte!!!
Hayden Lake, ID
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We chose this hotel because it's pet-friendly, and we were traveling with our beloved 70 pound standard poodle, Nemo. Nemo is well-behaved and welcome almost anywhere, but this hotel actually made special efforts for her.
Our room was large and very comfortable. The lobby was welcoming and comfortable. The staff was helpful and friendly. The décor is opulent, I suppose in keeping with the "Monaco" theme.
The only drawback was the same as for every downtown hotel I've ever stayed in in Portland, Oregon: they pick up the garbage at 4:00 or 4:30 am, with a great, long-lasting clamor. Next time we stay in this hotel, and I do hope there will be a next time, I will try to remember to request a room away from that area.

Room Tip: Maybe something away from the entrance to the garbage pickup area.
Green Features: Thankfully they skipped all the admonitions about re-using towels for the sake of the environment. I like a fresh towel every day.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Monaco Portland - A Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!