“Central location, comfortable hotel..” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save Up To 20%
Ranked #2 of 132 Hotels in Portland
United Kingdom
“Central location, comfortable hotel..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We enjoyed our stay here and found the hotel to be extremely comfortable and ideally located for visiting most of the attractions in the area. Also, for us it had an extra bonus in being situated a few yards from the Avis depot where we dropped off the car which we had hired in San Diego. On leaving, we found that we were only a 10 minute walk from the railway station - worth a visit in itself even if you are not travelling by train. There are no doubt many hotels in Portland but, based on our experience, we would not see the need to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (469)
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay here. First trip to Portland. Great location. Everyone very helpful and welcoming. Great room and suite that really suited our needs. Close to everything. Good fitness room with towels and water. Good air conditioning that was nice and quiet.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I loved that they emailed me in advance to see if I had any specific needs - which I did. They catered to them perfectly, providing me with an additional fridge and lovely herbal teas on arrival.

It was also a great touch that each morning as I came back from my run, the door men were ready with a bottle of water for me!

They were also helpful in pointing me in the right direction to places I needed to go on many occasions. Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Wellesley, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

My wife and I went on an anniversary trip to Portland and could not have been happier with the hotel choice. The staff was very hospitable and attentive to our questions; from restaurant suggestions to places to visit on the coast, they were incredibly knowledgeable. The free bikes were a great way to see the city. It was a great location to attend the Oregon Brewer's Festival down the street on the waterfront. My wife commented that this was truly the first hotel that really made our trip. It was also a nice touch that the hotel staff had a bottle of champagne in our room to help us celebrate our anniversary.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

My wife and I spent our 20 year wedding anniversary in Portland at the Monaco Hotel. We enjoyed the staff, great bar/restaurant and the room was fabulous. Lots of space, love the yoga mat in the room and having a separate area for the suite.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I live in Portland but leased my condo while I was overseas last year and am now subletting until mid September. I got the email from Klimpton (I am a member of their affinity program) offering some great summer deals and I combed the website for the (ahem) most reasonable evening, and it was last night. I had a wonderful experience and here's why....

* I was upgraded from a queen room to a king suite (and this is on the bargain basement price) for no extra charge.
* A bell person asked if I liked red or white and brought a bottle to my room, complementary.
* The room was definitely eclectic and not choices I would have made, but with free wifi and a very very comfortable bed, I was a very happy camper and didn't want to leave.
* Staff is warm and welcoming without being swarmy
* Great location and while breakfast is not included, the restaurant next door (Red Star) has a formidable menu (think brunch) that is on the level with the hotel.

What's not to love? I'll be back.

Room Tip: Hotel has good windows and everything is very quiet. Buses start running around 5:00 so if that bot...
Green Features: Clearly a lot of ongoing programs to save resources as possible.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Washington D.C.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I stayed one night in a Monaco King Suite, which was very eclectically decorated. Odd wall paper and color scheme aside, I enjoyed my stay. The bed was comfortable, the room was clean and the service was excellent. The valet parking was an especially nice touch. The real benefit of this hotel is its location, which is walking distance from lots of great bars and restaurants downtown.

Room Tip: Suites are nice, but not really necessary for business travelers.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Monaco Portland - A Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!