We got two rooms (which turned out to be suites) at the Marriott Residence Inn right across the street from Lloyd Centre on a weekend in mid-March - we were traveling for a birthday getaway with my spouse and two of our friends.
We were originally going to stay at the Doubletree because we'd heard good things, but they had limited availability so we chose the Marriott - and we're VERY glad we did.
- a king size bed in our room
- a fireplace in the other room
- superb free breakfast with eggs, sausage, hashbrowns, and then the usual continental fare (cereal, pastries, etc.)
- quiet as a church mouse
- spotlessly clean
- free parking (this was $20/day at the Doubletree!)
- free wifi (also an additional charge at the Doubletree)
So two huge suites with full size kitchens and living room areas ended up costing less (when you factor in parking and wifi) than two dingy rooms across the street at the Doubletree. It gets to be an even better deal with the included breakfast!
We'd definitely stay again next time we're in Portland.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Portland Downtown Lloyd Center Residence Inn by Marriott is a warm and welcoming place to call home during your travels. Enjoy the comfort of this all-suite hotel and the pleasure of a great location for your active lifestyle. Only a few minutes from Max Light Rail and easy freeway access, this extended-stay hotel in Downtown Portland is the perfect spot for on-the-go travelers. Corporate travelers appreciate amenities focused on their individual needs. Our free wireless anywhere Internet access helps keep you connected to e-mail from colleagues. Corporations like PacifiCorp, Kaiser, Knowledge Universe and Providence Medical Center are minutes from the property. This Portland destination hotel is the ideal location for vacationers. Situated in the heart of the Lloyd Center District guests are just minutes from all the excitement. Hop aboard the MAX light rail and travel to and from the Portland International Airport or head west to over to the Oregon Zoo. Within walking distance to the Oregon Convention Center and dining on Broadway and minutes from the Rose Quarter Moda Center and Memorial Coliseum for live entertainment. Enjoy tax free shopping at the Lloyd Center Mall and Ice Rink or take in a movie at the Cinemas across the street. Settle in and stay in spacious suites, which include full kitchens and an ample working area. Take a dip in the seasonal outdoor pool or enjoy a great work out in the 24-hour Fitness Center. Jump start your day with our complimentary breakfast buffet and return in the evening to our Social Hour (M-W) featuring a light meal, beer and wine. Free parking and laundry facilities are available to all our guests so if you're traveling on business or pleasure our friendly and proficient Marriott staff takes pride in making you feel at home. Make your reservation today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Marriott so you can book your Residence Inn Portland Downtown/Lloyd Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Portland Downtown/Lloyd Hotel Portland
- Portland Residence Inn