“Good for a late night arrival” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Portland Airport

You added Hampton Inn Portland Airport to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Portland Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8633 NE Airport Way, Portland, OR 97220 (Formerly Sheraton)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay and Fly - Parking
Ranked #34 of 133 Hotels in Portland
Mahwah, New Jersey
“Good for a late night arrival”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We stayed here for about 6-7 hours after a midnight flight arrival and before an early morning flight the next day. It has a free shuttle, and you can call the hotel for the shuttle after your bags arrive. The hotel is conveniently located basically on the airport grounds (you can see a runway from the hallway). The shuttle driver and check-in staff member were both pleasant and professional.

The room was clean and nicely furnished with typical Hampton Inn furniture. The bed was plenty comfy. There is a breakfast set-up in the lobby but we didn't eat there. The shuttle in the a.m. got us to our departure door at PDX quickly.

Here's some tips for those of you arriving on a long, late flight like we did but have no car to go and drive to find something to eat after midnight. I actually called the hotel staff several days ahead of our arrival in an attempt to figure this out. There is no restaurant at the hotel, but there is a very small "store" off the lobby where you can buy frozen stuff like Hot Pockets, I was told (I saw the "store" but didn't check it out). I was also told by a staff member that the same hotel shuttle stops at another hotel on the airport grounds that is next door to a 24 hour IHOP and although the driver cannot take you to the restaurant directly they can drop you off and pick you up at the hotel next door. We did not try this, but fyi. I was also told by the hotel that a local Dominoe's will deliver to the hotel 24 hours/day, but I went online to check this out and it isn't true - for the night we would arrive they stopped at midnight. So, what to do?

Figuring that PDX gets lots of late night arrivals from the East Coast, I looked up their guest services number and called them. A very nice woman gave me the best solution to landing all tired and hungry ... There is a 24 hour "Oregon Market" in the terminal where you can pick up "grab and go" sandwiches before you go down to baggage claim. So you can buy a little late night dinner and take it with you to the Hampton Inn. Of course, once we landed we weren't hungry so we didn't pick anything up at the Oregon Market.

I kind of wish the staff person I called at the Hampton Inn was a bit better informed about late night food options, so I'm passing this info along to you in the hopes that my "research" will be helpful to someone!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

This hotel is located very near the airport and two metro stations nearby (they call it the MAX rail), so access to the city is good. There is a shuttle service that can take back and forth. Moreover the rooms are very clean and the staff are quite friendly. I recommend it.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Maastricht, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

We found the staff friendly and helpful, the shuttle bus efficient and the room clean and well equipped. The sound proofing works as well as you could expect adjacent to the runway and the gym has a small selection of very new cardio equipments. A few free weights and mats would have been good. We ate next door at the Sheraton (10% discount) which was convenient and perfectly fine. I can't imagine staying here for a week but for one night when using the airport it is ideal and good value.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Edgewood, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I was surprised by this Hampton's upscale furnishings and décor, much better than the average Hampton Inn. I'm a Diamond member, so I stay at either Hampton's or Hilton Garden Inn's frequently and this hotel was even better than most Garden Inn's.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Lodi, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

This is a typical Hampton Inn with all the pluses and minuses of this type of hotel. The only negative is that the hotel is next to the PDX runway so if you are a light sleeper this is not your hotel. At this stay the staff was above and beyond because of the Portland city water problems

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Well, if you're looking for the spa in Downtown Portland, that's one thing. If you're looking for an affordable, clean, well run establishment, this is where you stay. I hate the idea of any hotel with the word "airport" in the name. Totally unsexy. But my husband and I had a one night layover, and thought, eh, it'll do.

From the moment we entered, we were greeted by a smile and an incredibly informative guy at the front desk. Sorry I don't remember his name!

Q&A:
QHow much is a taxi to downtown A: $15-$20.
Q: How do we get one? A: a card magically appears on the counter with a taxi service "I call one"
Q: How long for a taxi to get here? A: 5-10 minutes
Q: How long is the drive to downtown? A: 10-15minutes
Q: how far is the airport from here? (we had driven into town and were returning a car) A: a map magically appears and he draws a line to show us how to go.

The rooms? Well they are touting standard hotel furniture, impersonal, who cares but the bed is comfortable and firm, the white duvet shows they aren't afraid of cleanliness issues (no paisley covers here) very tasteful. Bathroom small but fine.

I left my earrings on the bedside table. Called to see if the maid had found them. She had! (HONEST MAIDS!) The woman at the front desk promptly mailed them back to me.

WHY WOULDN't YOU STAY HERE?

Room Tip: I was told higher floors are quieter
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Very clean rooms, friendly staff, convenient to the airport. Free breakfast and shuttle to the airport. Plenty of parking but not convenient to many places of interest our restaurants. Very reasonable priced!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family