“Very clean, but basic” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Battle Rock Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Port Orford
Battle Rock Motel
136 W 6th St., Port Orford, OR 97465   |
Ranked #4 of 4 hotels in Port Orford
Huntington Beach, California
“Very clean, but basic”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

The reception area was small, cluttered and smelled like a short order kitchen. Check-in was not as fluent as we expected, since we made reservations a week ahead. We were assigned room #8, which was recently remodeled. It was extremely clean and professionally done. Everything was in good working order. The accommodation was very basic. No telephone, no alarm clock, no tissue box and no air conditioning. There was only a small wall heater which actually worked very well. No breakfast either. Well, for $75.00 one cannot expect everything. If you like basic accommodations without comfort, this is the place to stay in.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

15 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

From the outside it doesn't look like much. We stayed in the room on the far right with two beds. Room has just been totally redone with a new looking bathroom and newly painted room .Very much a surprise. Very clean and new looking. Quirky sheets and tv placement. Wifi didn't work very well in room. Good place for 70 dollars

Room Tip: Ask to see one first
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Eugene, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I stay in Port Orford many times a year. I bring family and friends along to enjoy the fishing. This is the only motel I recommend in the area to my friends because I can guarantee them it will be clean and they will be greeted by a friendly, responsive owner. I haven't found another motel in the area that is more concerned about attention to detail when it comes to cleanliness. Of all the people I know that have stayed here on my recommendation, every one of them has had great things to say about their stay....and I always ask.

Also, it is right across the street from one of the best beaches on the coast and within walking distance of some great restaurants.

Room Tip: Room 6 is great when it's me and my two boys....2 rooms, one with a queen and the other with 2 s...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Alpine, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I understand there isn't much to pick from in Port Orford, but don't pick this one. People congregate outside of the rooms day and night and are abusive to those without Oregon license plates or those who aren't "local" since this group happens to live in the Motel. Very scary experience. We could not leave fast enough the next morning.

The room was clean and the owner friendly. It's not worth risking being attacked by those that live in the motel.

Room Tip: Here's a tip! Chose another motel!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

From what I could see, this place was the best value in Port Orford. It's literally right across the street from the ocean. The room was large and extremely clean. There was a microwave and fridge, both very clean. The bed was comfortable, but the pillows were a little flat, so you might want to double-up. The property was very quiet at night, despite being located on a main road. Check-out was a little earlier than we're used to (10:00), but it looked like there's only one woman running the place. If that's the case, she's doing an amazing job. As I said, our room was spotless. Overall, this place is a good value and a nice place to stay.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Goodland, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

We enjoyed our stay; our room was clean and very spacious. Located right across from Battle Rock historic point, the visitors center and the ocean.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Menlo Park, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

Very good choice in a sleepy town. Cleanest and largest h/motel on my road trip! I could see the ocean from my room, and the restaurant (Redfish) across the street was just as good as high end places I've eaten at in San Francisco.

Room Tip: I think they all have ocean views.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

Been to Battle Rock Motel? Share your experiences!