“What a local motel used to be” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Shoreline Motel

Shoreline Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Port Orford
Shoreline Motel
Save Saved
You added Shoreline Motel to your Saves list
206 6th. St. (US HWY 101), P.O. Box 426, Port Orford, OR 97465   |
Ranked #3 of 4 hotels in Port Orford
Florida
“What a local motel used to be”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

Stopping here was not my destination. I was tired and the motel was across from city park with great view. The room was simple with firm clean bed, hot shower and very clean thruout. Wi fi an unexpected bonus
Owner was helpful re dining advice and when i check out asked if i needed anything else
Also a great value

• Stayed August 2012

16 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Napier, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

After a long, long drive on the 101 my wife and I decided to stop in Port Orford and man are we glad we did! The couple who own the motel were absolutely wonderful people who will go out of their way to help. The type of people who would literally give you the shirt off their back if you were in need. I asked them if there was anywhere to get our car washed and they offered to let me do it there for free. Betty (one of the owners) even came out a helped me wash the car and offered me a beer! You can't beat that type of service. As the other reviews have stated, this isn't Holiday Inn, it's a small family owned business with basic amenities, a beautiful view, and some of the loveliest people you will ever meet. Also, as the reviewer ArnoldQuesnelBC stated, Shoreline has had a change of management, so I would be willing to bet you the negative reviews preceded these awesome human beings. I want to live on this planet again!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Quesnel B.C.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

I am on a bicycle trip. Stopped at the Shoreline right across from a beautiful ocean view. The lady who owns the place was very helpful checking me in. Horrendous weather so I decided to leave my bike in Port Orford for a few days till the storms passed and go to San Francisco to wait it out. I went to the office to find out how I could get to Brookings to rent a car. The lady went out of her way to find me a shuttle bus and drove me to the bus stop. She also stored my bike for me until I return. If there was no shuttle she would have driven me to Bandon. She has not owned the motel for a long time so I think she can't be blamed for past service. She was fantastic.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Washington, DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

We literally picked this motel from the side of the road at the end of a long day of driving. It is located right across the street from one of the most beautiful viewpoints along the Oregon Coast- Battle Rock City Park. The management was friendly, customers a little dodgy, but the room was clean and just big enough for our family of 4- two adults, a toddler and a baby. Everything worked ok, but nothing fancy here and the bed wasn't all that comfortable. I wouldn't want to spend more than a night or two, but it was fine for a break from camping in the rain.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Leipzig, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2010

The Shoreline is a great little place if you're passing through Port Orford. The bed was comfortable, room had clean, basic amenities, and right across the street is a beautiful beach to watch the sunrise! The staff was very friendly and provided prompt service. If you're looking for all the amenities standard at chain hotels (free wifi, room service), this isn't the place for you. If you need a nice, little place to stay for a night in a beautiful location without a lot of fuss, then you've found it. My partner and I aren't high maintenance people, so this worked out great for us as a break from out hiking and camping adventures.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

This motel closed its office each day. Customer couldn't get service during the day. No phone, no bathtub (shower only), questionable cleaning. We had to wait for them to clean our room when we arrived. The lady at front desk explained she would charge our card if we broke any of the rules. Without explanation, she placed a $50.00 charge on my card after we left. There was nothing we could possibly have done to deserve this charge. What is to keep her from charging other random charges? She does not return my call about the charge. I shall report her to the Chamber of Commerce and police. If need be..will take them to court for dishonesty.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Pismo Beach, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2010

As I write this, the Shoreline Motel is rated the #1 place in Port Orford. That is very misleading. The other properties in Port Orford can't be worse than this. It is a 1950's era motel that while (sort of) clean, is simply and completely worn out. It lacks basic amenities (no phone, no electrical outlet in the bathroom, old furniture, worn out lumpy bed. WiFi? Forget it!). The shower stall is so old and decrepit that we could not bring ourselves to use it.

The name is deceiving. Shoreline Motel is not on the shoreline or even within view of the ocean.

We are experienced travelers, so I should have known better. What I learned here is to not blindly accept the #1 rating as "the" place to stay. Also, I'm not likely to ever book a room again at a property that has zero web presence.

Save your money. Go elsewhere, go anywhere. In fact, sleeping in your car would be no worse.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Shoreline Motel? Share your experiences!