“Fun Place To See” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 74 Restaurants in Pendleton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Montesano, Wa
“Fun Place To See”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2014

We like the old town atmosphere. The service was slow maybe because they were busy. We had to sit in the bar. We had the onion rings and they were very good.

Visited May 2014

“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

When they say kid friendly they mean in. They got a lite play area right up front for the kids. The food was great and you get a lot of it. All different kinds of adult drinks to choose from. Happy hour menu is kind of dull but that's no big deal. We ate here because reviews found on trip advisor so I hope ours helps out it was well worth the stop.

Boise, ID
“Comfort food, great atmosphere and awesome beer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

We stayed in pendleton on our way to Portland and found this place through trip advisor. Didn't disappoint! I had a burger and my husband had the Buffalo chicken sandwich, both were great for pub food their beer is wonderful and it's very much a family place to. Genius idea - they have a kid room!! Would definitely come back again....

Oregon
“Fried green tomato BLT - yum”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

Best food that I had on my recent trip to Pendleton. They have some very unique and fun items on the menu. Onion rings were so very good. I am a hefeweizen fan and theirs, made with local wheat, was darker than normal and extremely refreshing in the hot weather.

Visited August 2014
Baltimore, Maryland USA
“Good food, good beer, good atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

We were just passing through Pendleton and checked out a few restaurants online. This had good reviews and a brewery too. So we went there, the place was busy with a mixed crowd of families with kids, singles, couples, etc. Very nice homey/neighborhood/small town kind of atmosphere in a large old building.
We just needed something tasty and quick so I ordered their Valcar's Revenge burger (bacon, blue cheese, sautéed mushrooms and caramelized onions) and my wife ordered some chicken wings and their Pub salad (Fresh goat cheese, toasted hazelnuts, sliced apples and mixed greens with homemade cider vinaigrette).
I also ordered a couple of their own Ella India Pale Ales ("Featuring Warrior and Cascade hops for bittering, Ella is also dry-hopped with Centennial for aroma.The grain bill includes floor malted Maris Otter barley from the United Kingdom, Melanoidin and Crystal malts").
A good way of telling if a restaurant is good is getting their basic burger wings and salad--Theirs was very good, very satisfying and tasty. My wife said the Pub Salad had a nice mix of sweet and savory flavors and textures. My burger hit the spot with the caramelized onions and blue cheese and hefty portion of beef.
Their beer, the Ella IPA, was great! I would put that in my hydration backpack and drink it hiking around in circles until I fell over. I'm a fan of IPA's and that was smooth with the right amount of bite. I wish I could get that on the east coast where I live.
I would definitely recommend this place to get a good meal and some excellent fresh beer.

• Visited August 2014