“Not my favorite” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 74 Restaurants in Pendleton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
jennlee
“Not my favorite”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

The food seemed greasy, service was slow, not a great amount of beers to choose from. I probably won't eat here again. Also food seemed to take awhile to arrive.

“Good food and service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

We got our drinks right away. Food took a little time but was worth the wait. The food was good. I had the Pit Boss which I recommend. The fries weren't the best but they're ok. Our waitress did a nice job getting our drinks on time and checking on us.

Clarkston, Washington
“It's wonderful to go in to the Prodigal-It feels like coming home.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

I was on a short trip to Pendleton and I stopped only at a few places. I am so glad this is one of them. I had a beer (about three bucks, fifty cents) and my boyfriend had a hard cidar. Both drinks were great. The server brought us each a water as we walked in and we sat there with our chess set and played games. She didn't bug us again and pester us about food or ordering, but she checked to see if we liked the beer, even giving me a sample of one she thought I would like.

I had the feel of a coffee shop. I loved it. If I ever go back to Pendleton, I will go there.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Oregon
“Fun visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

This is Pendleton's only brew pub that I know of. It is housed in a cavernous old building that obviously has some history. I neglected to ask the staff about the former uses of the building. I'll save that for next time. Their brews are interesting. They do the same thing most micro-breweries do around holidays by concocting theme beers. I'm sure most of them are palatable. But, there is just something foreign about putting "pumpkin" (for example) flavoring in beer. My recommendation is to stick with your typical favorite brew style if you want to find out how good their products are. They have a variety of ales, a "hefe", even a lager as I recall. The food is average. Someone else in this thread mentioned the calamari tacos. Okay, I'm sure they are fine for some folks. However, deep-fat fried calamari is really just a greasy chuck of batter whether you eat it with your fingers or stuff it into a taco. Why does anyone take something as exotic as squid and throw it into a deep fryer? Anyway, the Prodigal Son is a place worth visiting and I will again.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Pendleton, Oregon
“Great place for dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

Went to meet friends at the Prodigal and loved it. The beer was great...try the Christmas Carole...awesome!
I had the Little Birdie and it was very good...fresh and delicious.
I would highly recommend this place to anyone...

• Visited December 2013