“Not Impressed” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 74 Restaurants in Pendleton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Locally owned and operated since 1996 we strive to provide hand crafted comfort food for breakfast lunch and dinner. We are famous for our homemade chicken noodle soup with homemade noodles and our house made hashbrowns and buttermilk pancake recipe make our breakfasts unbeatable. Breakfast available until 3pm. Lunch/Dinner menus begin at 10am We look forward to serving you!
Pendleton, Oregon
“Not Impressed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

My husband and myself have ate here before and found it average. This last time was just ick, after ordering the hashbrowns I got on my plate was dried up and yucky, and the brush bristle I found made it even more yucky. I told the waitress and she took it and said oh.. same thing was said when we paid for our food, she was like are you kidding and I said NO I'm not. she just shrugged her shoulders. probly not again.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Amy M, General Manager at Roosters, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Jackie A,

I am very sorry that your recent experience at our restaurant did not meet your expectations. We pride ourselves on our food and service and are sure to take note anytime we can improve to better serve our guests. I remember your visit because your server alerted me that a guest had found a brush bristle on their toast. I was under the impression at that time that you were satisfied with the meal but wanted us to know about the bristle as you did not accept your server’s offer to bring you new toast. I immediately investigated the origination of the bristle and found that the cooks had a new butter brush which had shed a bristle. I also found that the kitchen staff was properly handling and maintaining their equipment. I also know from speaking with you on the phone the day after your dining experience that you felt your hash browns were dry and I mailed you a gift certificate that evening for your inconvenience with the hope that we could regain your dining confidence. I do hope that you will use the gift certificate and give us the opportunity to show you that we offer better than average food and service.

Walla Walla, Washington
“Bring your pens and pencils.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Make sure you have some thing to drew with when you come to Roosters While you wait for the good food, he can write on the tables. Yes, they have butcher paper on the whole table and you can plan, write poems and yes write your girlfriend a note Rooster has a good services there

Visited February 2013
Beaverton, Oregon
“One of my favorites”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

I stop here regularly for lunch when I'm driving through Pendleton. The food is made in-house and not run-of-the mill. The salad greens are always very crisp and fresh. The soup with homemade noodles is also very good.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

If you want a great experience this is the place to eat. My husband and I where on our way to Idaho last friday night and the ladies that were working were full of laughs and made sure we had a great experience. It was our first time eating there but definitely not the last. The food was excellent I myself had a pot roast dinner, whereas my husband had a ribeye. His steak was cooked perfect and my pot roast was very tender. The waiting staff was very attentive and always made sure that are drinks were filled and that we were satisfied. I highly recommend this place. Thank you roosters crew for making our time a good memory! We will be back :)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boise, Idaho, United States
“Best soup anywhere!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I travel through this part of Oregon 3-4 times a year and always make sure to schedule the trip so I can arrive in Pendleton near lunch time. Hands down, the best chicken noodle soup I've ever had. I usually get the soup and 1/2 sandwich or salad combo, which is just a little more food than I can eat but their sandwiches or salad are great.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Amy M, Manager at Roosters, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you for your high praise of our homemade chicken noodle soup Janice D! When we opened the restaurant 16 years ago we only served it once a week but people liked the soup and hand rolled noodles so much that we quickly knew we had to make it available every day. Thank you for choosing Roosters on your trips through Pendleton!

Been to Roosters? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Roosters, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.