“Couldn't find a thing to complain about” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Carefree, Arizona
“Couldn't find a thing to complain about”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2010

I am pretty picky when it comes to food and the quality of restaurants, just ask my husband! Hamley Steakhouse was great, neither one of us could find fault with our dinner and we plan to return the next time we travel through Pendleton.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Yamhill, OR
“Authentic Cattle Town Steakhouse”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2010

The steak and prime rib were excellent! The French onion soup was good. The sides were just okay. However, the reason you go here is for the service and atmosphere. We were very well taken care of. There was some excellent live music going on outside as we arrived. The interior is nice wood paneling. Lots of people were there in their western hats, etc. You CAN spend quite a bit by getting the really high end steaks and the big prime rib serving, but my 8 oz top sirloin with sides was a reasonable $18 for a really nicely done steak cooked a perfect medium-rare.

If you want something highbrow and gourmet, stay in Portland! If you want the best of what Pendleton is, eat here. Make time to go next door to the Hamley's western-wear and western-gear store!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Penticton
“Best Steak I've Ever Had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2010

Gorgeous interior - Oak paneling from floor to ceiling - that alone makes the place worth a visit. I had a steak that I could cut with a fork - it was extremely tender. My wife had an excellent salad. The service was prompt and professional in all respects. I see some poor reviews here and am surprised by them. Maybe they have recently changed their approach? Anyway, well worth the stop. It was outstanding in every way.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Idaho
“This is the worst steakhouse I have ever experienced”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2010

The setting and restaurant is beautiful, but the food was AWFUL! My daughter and I both had the wedge salad without shrimp, and the bleu cheese dressing was obviously out of a bottle...had that funky, chemical,sweet taste. My husband's salad, which was supposed to be a house salad with ranch dressing, came with bleu cheese, which he despises. When he asked the server about it, he was informed that their ranch comes with bleu cheese. My daughter got the appetizer calamari as her entree, and it had absolutely zero flavor. I had the prime rib, and while I know prime rib tends to be fatty, this was disgusting...about 15 percent meat and the rest fat. My husband had a New York steak and said it was just "OK."

We paid $113 for dinner for three (none of us drink), and since the food was so poor and overpriced, we left feeling extremely dissatisfied and ripped off.

If you have a discerning palate at all, I suggest you avoid this restaurant like the plague that it is!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Boise
“Still Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2010

I have read the other reviews and obviously they are all over the board. They have changed their menu trying to offer meals for all budgets. They have home style meals (meat loaf, pot roast and chicken fried steak) for about $13 and then they have their steaks in the high $20's. The building is amazing to see - a must see. We were there the Saturday before Valentines Day (yes we had reservations) and were seated promptly and served promptly.
We had a great waitress and will be going back the next time we travel. We have been here several times.

• 4 of 5 stars Food