“We will definitely visit this place again!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Bakery, Coffee Shop, Café, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Takeout
Kelso, Washington
“We will definitely visit this place again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2010

Great chocolate chunk cookies. Our dog even liked the biscuit we got for her there.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Allen, Texas
“Best pancakes!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2010

We loved our trip to Pacific City. The Grateful Bread made breakfast a treat. We had the biggest and most delicious blueberry pancakes. The blackberry compote served with the gingerbread pancakes was also delicious. My only complaint is that you can only get your eggs scrambled. I would like to have a choice of egg preparation. Since they are all scrambled, it makes me think of egg beaters or some watered down, reconstituted egg product. Hence, I ordered pancakes. We also had good service, even though the place was packed!

We also bought some peanut butter cookies to go and they were delicious. If we return again, we will definitely go back for more.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Salem, Oregon
“Great food and baked goods worth the trip to the coast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2010

The food and bakery selections are right up there in my opinion and I'm one who maps the US by bakeries and cafe's he's visited. I recommend you take a bag of their baked goodies with you when you leave after enjoying your sit down food selections. If you don't, twenty miles down the road you may find yourself turning around. They are busy in the summer season but that's for a good reason, so bear the short wait.

Michael Frazier

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Stood at the counter for 10 minutes with...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010 via mobile

Stood at the counter for 10 minutes with no one in front of me while all the servers deliberately ignored me. A 'i'll be with you in a minute' was not even offered.' VERY RUDE!! We have been there often and the service was always bad while the food was pretty good. But this was just beyound rude, we will never eat there again!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Salem, OR
“Under new ownership, or just changed recipes?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2010

We go 2-3 times per year, usually during the summer. The carrot cake is my must-have item and my husband orders a scone. I'm wondering if they have changed things though, because neither of us enjoyed our treats at all. Cake was tough & chewy with no less than 2 inches of frosting. The scone was biscuit-like. On the bright side, our son raved about his delicious brownie!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere