“Nice place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Oregon City
Cottonwood
“Nice place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

This was our second stay at this hotel. We had a Queen room with nice amenities, including a frig, microwave, large flat-screen TV, and recliner chair. We didn't sit out on the balcony overlooking the Willamette River as we were able to on our summer visit last year, but we had a wonderful view from our room. The comfort of the bed was OK. My husband got a bit scalded on his chest as the shower water was a lot hotter out of the showerhead than the faucet, so be forewarned. Each guest is given $4 off any entree' on the breakfast menu at the hotel restaurant however we were told it could apply to an a la carte item. The prices were a bit high as far as we're concerned. We shared a 2-egg, ham, potato entree' (average) and biscuit & gravy (not so great). I was disappointed that we'd somehow missed the breakfast special until we were on our way out. The waitress hadn't mentioned it. The view was great from the restaurant. The room service staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was clean, and ready before check-in time so we were given our key when we arrived. We will stay here again when we come to visit family.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Cody H, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Rivershore Hotel, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your review. I am pleased that you had a pleasant visit with us and that you intend to visit us again in the future. However, I am sorry that you had a couple of negative experiences as well. It is always discouraging to hear when a guest is dissatisfied in any way, but I am grateful for the feedback and the opportunity to correct it. We have already begun to take measures to fix these issues and I believe that you will see the difference the next time you stay with us. Again, thank you for leaving such positive remarks and rest assured, we’ll use your comments as a tool to make us a better and more comfortable hotel for all of our guests. I hope to see you soon!

160 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Now that we often travel with our dog we look for pet friendly hotels. We had no trouble getting a pet friendly room with king bed. This is a really nice hotel; it is reasonably priced; they have a low fee for pets; and they are near a nice and romantic walking trail. The rooms were good sized and very clean. We will definitely stay again when we are in that area.

• Stayed January 2013
Cody H, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Rivershore Hotel, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you very much for your review and your pleasant comments about our pet friendly approach, the comfort and cleanliness of our guest rooms and the price value of our hotel. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and had an opportunity to experience our definition of hospitality. It was a pleasure serving you and your pet and we hope to see you again soon!
Lakewood Pierce County, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I didn't realize until I pulled in that I had stayed here before....At first one may think there is the potential for trouble as the lobby is locked up at night and you can only interact with the front desk via an outside window that is reminiscent of a high crime area. HOWEVER, don't let it stop you. Actually I've never felt unsafe here. This time there was great undercover parking. My room (312) was quite nice. I judge many hotels by the water pressure in the shower, the TV reception and noise levels. The room overlooked the Willamette river and had a nice small balconey with outdoor chairs - no I didn't use them as it was in the low 30's - but I can imagine how wonderful it would be in the spring/summer. The hotel does have a restaurant but because of my schedule and their limited hours I couldn't eat there. Very close are many eating establishments and some shopping. The only complaint I would have is the noise levels from the heater/airconditioner and bathroom fan. I do believe Boeing 737's are quieter! I can only hope that I did not have anyone next to me because I needed to have the TV sound up high in order to hear it over the heater and with the cycling off and on I had to do frequent adjustments that were getting a bit irritating. All that aside I would stay again in a heartbeat (and will be probably in Feb)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Cody H, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Rivershore Hotel, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you for your review and your compliments, we are very grateful. In regard to the night window, we are actually in a very safe area. However, you never know when, or if trouble may come your way, so we just thought that it was best to take some extra safety measures and lean toward the side of caution. Also, I would like to apologize for your heater being so noisy. I have had an electrician out to the property this week to help us overcome this issue, and hopefully we'll have it solved quickly. Once again, thank you for staying with us and for your comments and I'm truly sorry for the annoyance. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you again in the future!
Visalia, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We had a very enjoyable time. The staff was very helpful especially Cindy and Noemi.
We had a very beautiful view from our room. We will return again in a heart beat. The restaurant on site is very convenient. The General Manager Cody has a very good sense of humor.

Richard and Judy in room 317

Room Tip: Ask for a river view room
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Cody H, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Rivershore Hotel, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Richard & Judy, thank you so much for your kind review. It was an absolute pleasure to all of us to have the opportunity to serve you and we can't wait to see you again! I will be sure to let Noemi and Cindy know how pleased you were with them and I'll also pass along your comments to the restaurant. Again, thank you very much and hurry back!
Hayden, Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

The location of this hotel is very convenient for traveling. We were surprised by the addition of ear plugs placed next to our bed but soon discovered the need for them a few hours into our first night. The heater was extremely loud when turning on and people walking above our room caused many squeaks during the night. The room does face the river and has a nice view of the water and bridge. Breakfast is offered on site with a discount voucher and was very good. We wanted to use the hot tub as the outdoor pool was closed for the season but the hours were too restricting. It didn't open until 10 a.m. and closed at 10 p.m.. Not too accessible for travelers. We would definately stay here again because of the location but would try for a room on the 4th floor to avoid some of the noise.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Cody H, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Rivershore Hotel, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Hello and thank you for your pleasant comments about the hotel’s location, the breakfast and the view. I am however, so very sorry that we did not exceed your expectations while you were here, as our guest. It is in fact our goal to lead the industry in superior customer service and to set the standard for lodging accommodations in our area. I hope that this instance does not dissuade you from staying with us in the future. And, if you would be willing to allow us another opportunity to serve you, I resolve to utilize all of the resources at my disposal to ensure a more comfortable, warm and pleasant stay. Thank you for staying with us and thank you so much for your review. I do hope to see you again!
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Check-in was efficient and easy. The Front Desk staff even said she didn't like the room we were originally assigned because it was next to a 'breezeway' entrance and might be noisy. I thought that was very thoughtful, as well as putting us away from the restrauant. The room was perfect with microwave and frig, as well as a lovely view of the river. The location is the BEST one if you want to walk yourself or your dog, as a long trail is just across the street.It is also perfect for those late night potty calls. Even though there are no outside doors to the rooms, do not be discouraged. The elevators are handy with a luggage trolley; we made the unload and load all in one trip. There is a computer with printer in the lobby that can be used, as well as 24 hour coffee. The exercise room was perfect: I used the bike; my husband used the glider; our Boxer used the treadmill. There was also a Universal Weight Machine... water, towels and TV.
The only drawback was there was no breakfast included. You do get a $4.00 voucher each day to use in the main restrauant for any meal.
Also important to verify your checkout date, as our door card (used for the elevator, stairs, spa and room was deactivated the date before we checked out. I had to go to the office to have them (we had 2) reactivated. I'm just glad it wasn't 10pm in the rain when that happened.
All in all this is lodging that we will stay in again when in Portland visiting. It was a great location allowing us to walk the dog and get some exercise ourselves. I highly recommend it to the traveler in and around Portland, Milwaukie, Oregon City, West Linn, etc.
We have stayed at the very nice Ecno Lodge on McLaughlin, but this time decided to try a new location. We liked the new adventure and will return.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the breezeways or elevators/stairs are best. There are joining rooms if you have a...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Cody H, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Rivershore Hotel, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Thank you so much for your review and your kind feedback about the hotel's many outlets and amenities. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I will be sure to let our front desk staff and supervisor know how much you appreciated their suggestions and assistance. And, I am also glad that your pet was able to take advantage of our amenities as well. I also understand the inconvenience of not having a free continental breakfast; and I do apologize. In an attempt to overcome this issue we are currently researching alternative breakfast options. In regard to your key card difficulty, I can only say that I'm sorry. I wish that hadn't been an issue and I intend to schedule a full maintenance inspection into this problem. It is imperative to me that this matter gets resolved quickly and efficiently and I will work diligently to ensure that it does. Again, I am very sorry and I hope that these concerns do not dissuade you from staying with us in the future. On behalf of all the staff here at the Rivershore Hotel, we hope to see you again soon!

Been to BEST WESTERN Plus Rivershore Hotel? Share your experiences!