“Not Fancy but Great Food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Breakfast
Omaha, NE
“Not Fancy but Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We happened upon this little cafe when we took a veer to the left from the highway. It is nothing to brag about as far as the building, but it does offer one of the best views of the coast we have seen so far. The service is great and the food is even better. We had fried oysters and berry cobbler. The prices are very high for the location.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

“Good food, not so good prices.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

My Husband and I visited this place on Sunday July 20,2014 for dinner. I will say that it is a hole in the wall and it's nice and cozy. The view is wonderful. Nothing but ocean view. I ordered the gorgonzola cranberry and pear pasta. And they give you the option of vegetarian, chicken, and seafood. I Chose chicken, and my husband ordered there special filet mignon. My pasta was good but I guess since I was paying $23 I would have had more chicken and my sauce would not have been so runny. My husband's order was good they cooked his filet perfectly. His place came with acorn squash and jasmine rice was one of those choices the other was a baked potato. I'm not going to lie, was disappointed that they didn't offer complimentary bread or salad with your meal. For dessert we ordered the Marionberry cobbler it was good not mind blowing but good. All in all my meal and his meal plus and order of bread, dessert, and one Pepsi our bill came out to $62, and some change. Not sure it it was really work the price.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Norman, Oklahoma
“Wow! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We loved our visit so much, we plan to go back in our week in Netarts. The seafood was wonderful, the sauces were wonderful. And don't stop there. The desserts are out of this world.
Very friendly attentive service!

Hong Kong, China
“Good food, too pricey though”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

The food was good, everyone was happy with their meal, but the $20-$30 meals made the good food seem not good enough. Views were nice, and customer service was good though. Also, not really any other option in Oceanside.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Boston
“One of the best on theOregon Coast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

This tiny little place has unbelievable food and desserts (save room).
It is small and tight but that's part of their charm. Service is quick, efficient and always friendly. We first went here over 20 years ago and its as good today as it was then.
If they have the pan grilled halibut get it!
The real showpiece of this place is the desserts. Everything from the Lemon sponge pudding with Marrionberries to Marionnberry Cheese cake, go just for dessert alone.
Located near the the 3 arches ( great photo op) the place has windows that overlook the beach and the 3 arches.
It may be out of the way but worth the trip!

• 5 of 5 stars Food