“Wow!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Oakland
Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Tolly's is located in a historic brick building built in 1872. It originally housed the towns drug store and mercantile. As you walk into the restaurant you immediately feel as though you have gone back in time to another era. Local art lines the walls and there are cabinets and displays of antiques throughout the entire facility. We have an antique soda fountain circa 1901 that was recently refurbished and is functional. The bar has a back bar originally built in 1910, there is an 1885 Bosendorffer concert grand piano, 1 of only 3 not in a museum, piano music is played for diners Friday and Saturday evenings. Outside we have beautiful patio, gardens and Koi pond. Hope to see you for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Portland, Oregon
“Wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Traveling south on I-5 we stopped in Oakland to see what it was about. I had not used TripAdvisor in the past but came here after my visit to Tolly's. I am surprised at some of the negative comments. I guess everyone has a bad day.
We found the restaurant to be extraordinary. The service was warm, friendly and comforting. The food was great. Most impressive is the atmosphere. I cannot believe how wonderful the old historic building is inside and out. Prices seemed on par with where we live. I loved the place and cannot wait to go back in the summer to eat in what appears to be a gorgeous outdoor dining area.

Don't miss this place.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Cottage Grove, Oregon
“Consistantly Disappointing!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We visited this restaurant a few years ago on Mother's Day, when it was under another owner. We were never informed of the special, prices were sky high, quality was mediocre, and service was very poor. Since we heard it was under new ownership we decided to give it another try. A small amount of cola, dressed up in a large glass, was $5. We tried the "homemade" cinnamon rolls and found a hair cooking INTO it. Although we were told me didn't need to pay (a whole $10 total), the service once again was poor (we were never checked on again). Nothing has changed.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, United Kingdom
“food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

i was very dissapointed after we waited quite a long time for our food to come for it to arrive look warm ? after requesting for a hot meal my food was taken away and same meal was brought back as they had put it in the microwave .i found the staff cold same as the food hope this helps anyone thinking of dining there

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Roseburg, Oregon
“why”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Ever since I have been here I have heard about this great restaurant, I wnt and had 2 meals there My first and my last

Roseburg, Oregon, United States
“The Old Fashion”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

The food was not up to my standard & was very high in cost. They had a piano man playing which was nice but way to high in volumn. A place to expect to be there a long time.

Visited September 2012