“Great place other than service!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 47 Restaurants in North Bend
Good for: Entertaining clients, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
“Great place other than service!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

The food rocked my mouth like a 1980's party, but the service was gross. The waitress, Daisy I think was her name, was horrible

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

North Bend, Oregon
“There's just no better place in town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I travel up and down the coast and have dined in dozens of great steakhouses over the years, but the Hilltop House is one that I seem to always find time for even if it means going out of my way. The dining room is a fantastic place for meetings with clients, or a romantic dinner with a date, but i prefer the lounge's cozy warm ambience when I'm travelling alone. Chef Joseph crafts fantastic plates with only the freshest local seafood, he showed me the place where he gets all his oysters a half mile down the road! The Crab dip, prime rib, and the cajun oysters are my all time favorites, but Chef Joseph is always coming up with new and creative specials that show his versatility and experience as a chef. I have never had "the special" and not been incredibly impressed! All this with a pretty reasonable price tag makes the Hilltop House one of my favorites on the whole coast!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Dont waste your time or money!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

We went to the hilltop for a family birthday, the food was horrible and way over priced. Out of our group, 4 meals got sent back to be remade while the others in the group suffered through the nasty rubber aand canned food while wondering why we didnt just go to binettis. Each ticket was ATLEAST $ 100 but the funny part is that they write on the ticket how much you will pay in a tip which for each ticket came to $30 or more!!!!! I could have went to cozy kitchen and fed my entire family for the ammount of the manditory tip at hilltop alone. When I brought up the fact of the disgusting food and horrible service the manager was brought out to talk with me who argued about me not paying this manditory tip. She informed me that "this is written on the menu" ( well if you look in the fine print you will see that the waitrwss can decide what to charge you foe a gratitude tip) the manager also let me know that " this is not mcdonalds" ( could have fooled me other then the price which is way more and the service which is way worse.) All in all dont waste your timw unless you want to spend two hours waiting for your food and $30-$40 per plate wirh horrible service!!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“The worst experience ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

My husband came home from Fort Jackson and surprised me with dinner at Hilltop. We spent over 2 hours there and our lobster fondue was cold and our steak was over cooked. We left without eating anything. Not a good experience at all.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
North Bend, Oregon
“Special occasion venue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

This is our go-to restaurant for special occasions and to entertain friends. The food is outstanding - everything is perfectly prepared and presented. Good wine list - try to get a reservation for sundown - the view of the sun setting over the north bay is beautiful. Service is great. We love this place.

Visited January 2013