Favorite things: nice owner and view
Least favorite thing (ugly decor is the cost of budget price): paper thin walls.
I checked out of the Super 8 early because of noise and a flooding shower. My son wanted to stay at this one because of the view location so I called before checking out of the Super 8 to make sure I had a room to move to in another hotel. The owner/operator (I can't remember her name) was very helpful. She let me pick a room (slow season) and it didn't smell like smoke or mildew which is a miracle in a budget motel on the coast. There was a huge picture window on the ocean side with an incredible view. The room was spacious with a little table and chairs and a small kitchenette.
Now the reasons for the 1 rating on the room; it hasn't been updated since the late 80's (guessing from the vintage of the carpet and clashing prints). HOWEVER the mattress was new and although it was a very firm (some would say hard) old school innerspring mattress, it wasn't a bit saggy. There are paper thin walls and if I had tried to go to bed before the neighbors did at midnite I would have been very frustrated. They quieted down right when I went to bed so it was okay and I slept like a baby. The motel is set far enough back that the highway noise didn't bother me either.
The room was very clean. Linens old, blankets older, easy chair ancient, etc etc., but all clean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An older Motel owner is hands on !! Verty Clean rooms. Very quiet . Owner known as Bay Bridge Betty has a long history in the areqa and a strong loyAL Customer base. location us right on the Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your Bay Bridge Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bay Bridge Hotel North Bend
- Bay Bridge Motel Oregon/North Bend