We have stayed at the Hallmark Resort multiple times. It's a decent place to stay, and one of the few in the area that accepts pets. The rooms are nice enough, but kind of seem like they are stuck in the 90's decor and starting to show their wear and tear. I believe they are renovating the rooms in 2013, so maybe when they are complete, we will return for a visit.
The biggest deterrent is the price they charge to bring pets. It's $25.00 per pet, per night. That's $50 extra every night I stay, which adds up really fast. Other places on the coast charge $10 per pet, per night, which is way more reasonable. I know they have to do a through cleaning, but $150 for 3 nights? I can stay somewhere else for a 4th night for that price.
It is in a great location, with stairs for access to the beach. Ground floor rooms are nice when you have pets to be able to walk directly out for your pets needs, but balcony rooms are kind of nice because you can sit on the deck and people/dog/bird watch, too. They do have a section of the property that children are not allowed to stay in, which is nice for people that have issues listening to children running back and forth and creating a lot of noise.
Georgie's is probably the best part of the hotel. I love their clam chowder.
- Also Known As:
- Hallmark Hotel
- Hallmark Resort Newport
- Hallmark Hotel Newport
- Hallmark Resort Newport Oregon
- Hallmark Resort Newport, Oregon
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched on the edge of the Pacific ocean, the Hallmark Resort, Newport, offers spectacular oceanfront views from every room. Watch the fishing fleet return to Yaquina Bay as the lighthouse keeps watch to the north. The sunsets are amazing. The Hallmark Resort is full-service, offering oceanfront dining at Georgie's Beachside Grill. After a day of exploring, relax in the indoor recreation center with heated pool, sauna, and swirl spa. We offer a variety of room styles including staterooms with king bed and in-room spa. Families choose an oceanfront stateroom with 2 queen beds complete with mini-galley, fireplace and living area. Free WI-FI in all guestrooms and all rooms have a spacious walk out balcony or patio. We are pet friendly. Flexible meeting spaces will accommodate up to 200. Our oceanfront beach party area comes complete with wedding walk and bonfire pit. Let the tradition begin. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Fareportal so you can book your Hallmark Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.