“Wonderful and reasonable accomodations...” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
30% off room rate
Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Newport
Palo Alto, CA
“Wonderful and reasonable accomodations...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

Stayed here during a trip up the Oregon coast, wonderful and comfortable room with private balcony looking out onto the beach and ocean waves. About a six block walk to the downtown Newport area, with interesting shops and excellent eateries - simple to elegant. Definitely our Newport OR homebase in the future.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
hallmarknewport, General Manager at Hallmark Resort, responded to this review, October 10, 2011
2009Benjamin - I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to explore the local area. Thank you for taking the time to write. We look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

Picked this hotel due to reviews on Trip Advisor and I was not disappointed. Beautiful location.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
hallmarknewport, General Manager at Hallmark Resort, responded to this review, October 14, 2011
kataz – I am glad to see that Trip Advisor led to your selection of Hallmark as your place to stay while visiting Newport. We are thankful for your business and hope to see you on your next visit.

Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

We enjoyed a wonderful weekend at our first Seafood festival, and enjoyed it very much.
With two little dogs we stayed in the doggy wing, and were impressed with the cute doggy basket for two, a nice touch! The area was quite and peaceful,(no kegs, parties, or loud drunks!)

The rooms are large, bed very comfortable, the hide-a-bed sofa..painful to sit on, it has lived its
live span! For a doggy room it was very clean and maintained with only minimal signs of doggy wear.

Breakfast at Georgie's was quite good, they were very busy, with quite a few very hungry little
ones, and stressed out mothers, but the staff handled the situation very well by getting food
to them quickly.

We will stay at the Hallmark every time we return to Newport, which will at least be for next years Seafood Festival. The festival gave us an opportunity to get to know the local fisherman and their families. Between the seafood cook off, the cook classes,and booths I was able to enjoy and learn about my favorite food. Also by taking the dock tours, we learned about the hard and dangerous jobs these men endure to bring us our wild, fresh seafood and the sacrifices their families make. Thank you. (Please new sofas!!:)

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
hallmarknewport, Front Office Manager at Hallmark Resort, responded to this review, October 5, 2011
Benjamin0 – I am happy to hear that you had such a wonderful stay with us for the Seafood and Wine Festival. We are very proud of hard work our local fishermen do to provide us with fresh seafood. This festival is our most popular local tradition.

I’m glad you enjoyed your pet-friendly room and the pet basket. I appreciate your comments regarding the sofa. We have extensive renovations planned for this winter that will address those issues.

We look forward to seeing you again next February for the Seafood and Wine Festival. Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback
Plano, Texas, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay and would return. The room was large with a comfortable sitting area designed to view the ocean. The bed was amazingly comfortable and I didn't want to get out of it!

• Stayed September 2011
Just2bria - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. I am glad to hear that you had a great stay and we are looking forward to your next visit as well.
McMinnville, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

We took a 3 day trip to Newport Or and stayed at the Hallmark Resort. Non -smoking room was clean,comfortable. Very helpful and friendly staff. Great view from the room we watched whales play in the ocean. Only complaint is that the people next to us in a non-smoking room were smoking out on the balcony and the smoke cam in to our room. We did not get to enjoy our visit as much as we wanted. Would go back again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
hallmarknewport, General Manager at Hallmark Resort, responded to this review, September 23, 2011
audreymckinney95 – I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the whales were performing for you. I just wished they would show up on some type of schedule so everyone could enjoy them. I do apologize about the smoking. We try very hard to keep an eye on the balconies and remind guests that smoking isn’t allowed, but clearly we missed someone during your stay.

We look forward to your next stay.

Port Townsend, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

We ended up booking at Hallmark after discovering that a $200/night VRBO nearby was not as described, not even close. Granted we were desperate for accommodations that particular night but we ended up staying three nights and couldn't have been happier. Quiet, modern, clean, easy access to the ocean and Nye Beach. Our room had a little deck and a kitchenette (no oven) ... I made a pasta dinner one night. Two flat screen TVs. Friendly staff. Georgie's Restaurant is part of the complex and we always have our favorite vegetarian dinner: portobella burger with huge home fries. I found out that the locals stay at the Hallmark when there are storms and they can't get back home: That says it all!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
hallmarknewport, General Manager at Hallmark Resort, responded to this review, September 19, 2011
KathleenH – I am sorry to hear that your original arrangements didn’t work out, but I am glad that you ended up here at the Hallmark. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay including the room amenities and Georgie’s. I hope that you are able to come back later this winter and storm watch with us.

Battle Ground, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

My husband and family have stayed at the Hallmark in Newport many times in the past. Our large extended family has also. I checked yesterday online for information for a room for today. They advertised a special for September "Bed and Breakfast Package" of a traditional room $99. which included a $20. food voucher. When I called, Michelle at the front desk stated that it would be $129.00. I tried to explain to her that I had seen it on the internet website for $99. for a traditional room, and she dismissed it, and stated "well, that's what we have, $129. for a traditional room." She became short when I questioned the pricing listed online. We love the Hallmark and the Georgie Restaurant, but this upset me, as my husband and I have been traveling over 1,000 miles on vacation, and were looking forward to a restful stay at the Hallmark. We had to stay somewhere else, and may in the future.

Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
hallmarknewport, General Manager at Hallmark Resort, responded to this review, September 17, 2011
gynenel - I am very sorry to hear that you did not receive the service or information you should have when you called for your reservation. The special on the website states we have Traditional Rooms starting at $99. What the reservationist should have let you know was that we were sold-out of the $99 room type. Please let me assure you that I would never allow any promotion to be posted that was false or misleading in any way. We value your past patronage and would definitely love to regain your trust. Please email me directly at ric@hallmarkinns.com so that we can make this right for you.

Ric Rabourn

Been to Hallmark Resort? Share your experiences!