My husband and I visited celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary. I made the reservations far in advance, but we were moved into a room with only a double bed. Also, we had NO TV! Two large flat screens, one in living room and one in bedroom, but NO RECEPTION! When I called the front desk for assistance, I was told the cable was out and that we could rent movies from the lobby. I then spoke with the manager, who said they were in the process of switching cable companies and didn't get enough boxes for all the rooms and ours was one that didn't get a box, so we were "out of luck". When I pressed the issue, he told me that he had already "upgraded" our room because someone else had requested the room we originally booked, so he was already losing money. He neglected to address the fact that his "upgrade" did not supply the queen bed that we had reserved. He finally offered a 15% discount on our stay. Upstairs, there was a very noisy family with children that ran up and down the stairs and across the floors 'til the wee hours, so we got very little sleep. The view did not make up for everything else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the shores of Yaquina Bay in Newport Oregon - every well appointed guestroom has a Million Dollar view of beautiful Yaquina Bay. Full Service Hotel - with Restaurant, Lounge, Indoor Salt Water Pool and Spa, Crab Boat Dock and Boat Rentals, 4000 Square Feet of flexible Meeting Space with Full Service Catering. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Embarcadero Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embarcadero Resort Newport
- Embarcadero Hotel Newport
- Embarcadero Newport Oregon
- Embarcadero Resort Hotel Newport, Oregon