“very yummy home cooking” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Dessert
white salmon wa
“very yummy home cooking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

we were staying in Lincoln city or. & we really wanted a sit down family style meal.I found a flier that mentioned the Chalet and it had a sample menu that looked real good,so we drove up to Newport. The waitress was exceptionally nice.It seemed pretty spacious and was decorated kind of homey.They have a large menu to choose from. We were all very happy with our food,I had the vegetable soup which was soo good,then the meatloaf.It was delish. She said it was the best cornbread, and I tell you it was the best cornbread I ever had! unfortunately we didn't have room for dessert or I definetly would have tried the german chocolate cheesecake. The prices were very reasonable and there's a big fred meyer behind them in case you need to pick anything up before going back to your room

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Newport, Oregon
“Nice atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

A good place to take a big crowd, everyone will probably find something they like, and the servers are always accomodating. Food is pretty standard. Some of the seasonal pies are worth going in for.

Visited August 2012
Portland, Oregon
“Can't go wrong here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Great food, great service, we eat here every time I pass through Newport. I always grab a pie to go, stellar...

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lincoln City, Oregon
“Very Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Chalet is a family restaurant with a big menu, so there is something for everyone. Fast service and good food. The food won't knock your socks off,but it is good. The thing I love about Chalet is that they are gluten free friendly. They have gluten free bread and buns and muffins and pie. If you are gluten intolerant like me, this place is a dream come true. You can have a burger WITH a bun. You can have toast with your breakfast and you can have a great slice of pie. Anyone who is gluten intolerance( like me) will understand what a treat that is!! So I give Chalet a big thumbs up for that! Their quiche is wonderful and their breakfasts are very good and very filling. Chalet has reasonable prices too.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We had 3 breakfasts and 1 dinner here during our stay. The food is excellent and the portions are very large. The baked goods are to die for!!

Visited September 2012