“Good view, Terrible over priced food!!” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #50 of 96 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Fish & Chips, Chowder
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: For 26 years Port Dock One has been serving locals & visitors alike. 2014 Marked some big changes with a new chef from the east coast, new menu and new decor. Our old favorites have been paired with new additions.
MOUNT HOOD PARKDALE
“Good view, Terrible over priced food!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This was one of the worst meals that I've ever eaten in a restaurant! I ordered the Parmesan crusted halibut with the local vegetable. The fish I suspect was cod not halibut and the vegetable was thinly sliced celery and onions. The whole plate was inedible and terribly over priced. Service was slow and it was way too warm in the room. The only thing good about this place was the view.

• Visited September 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Salem, Oregon
“Enjoy the view with a beer...but the food is something to fear.....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We wanted to eat somewhere with a terrific view...and found the place...Port Dock has a wonderful view and it was very cool to watch and listen to the sea lions..We were really looking forward to an awesome lunch...boy were we disappointed. The food was flavorless. My chicken Alfredo was runny and soup like...How can somebody not make Alfredo right...really...all you have to do is add cheese to it...We also spent far to much on appetizers...one was a sampler plate were the only thing that was actually any good were the jalapeno poppers...nothing was even separated on the plate...all of the items were just thrown on it in a heap...My sister and her spouse had fish tacos that were nothing to rave about and they were served with yet more fried nastiness, french fries...how about something that actually goes with tacos like rice and beans...I just don't get places that have the most spectacular locations but choose to serve food that is so tasteless and so poorly thought out...needless to say we won't be eating at this establishment again...note to the owner...hire a real chef.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Salem, Oregon, United States
“Don't waste your money, even if it's tempting for the view.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

The service was decent, but the food was lacking terribly. Come on Port Dock One ....your food is just like the lacking food served at any local bar in a non coastal city. They couldn't even get fish tacos right!!! They served their fish tacos with a nasty side of straight from the freezer fries too. I can make soooo much better food at home and would love to challenge the cook (couldn't possibly be a chef) to a fish taco cook off. I'm positive I would win...and I have no professional cooking experience.

Don't be tempted to go to this restaurant that has a beautiful view. If you do...stick to just having a beverage.

• Visited October 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Cypress, Texas
“Pretty good!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Typical seafood restraunt in a very touristy area. The food was a little better than average, but the view was excellent. Our server was friendly but the food was slow to come out considering it was between lunch and dinner and not very busy. Would go back if we visit Newport again.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“SLUMGULLIAN!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

In August 2012 my son, my friends, and I vacationed in Newport for 4 days. I really wanted a good seafood dinner and this restaurants menu was in the local newspaper. So we decided to go for dinner. My 4 yr old devoured their fish and chips and I did the same with their delicious Clam chowder bread bowl. The next day we went whale watching at discovery marine tours a couple of doors down. They don't have enough passangers to go at 11:30am so we got bumped t the 2:30 departure. We decided instead of going all the way back to the hotel, we would have lunch and we decided ot was so good we wanted More clam chowder!!! This time I ordered the Slumgullian style chowder which is their EXCELLENT clam chowder with added bay shrimp and melted mozzarella cheese over the top!!!! Omg so good!!!!!!!!! Crave it constantly, too bad its 2 1/2 hours away:( oh and our server Carla was awesome. She helped us both times and she remembered us and was friendly and very welcoming.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere