“A 'must go' in Newport!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #53 of 96 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“A 'must go' in Newport!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012 via mobile

Went there tonight for dinner with my daughter and husband- the live music was so mellow and pleasant and not too loud. All of our food was amazing... I had a the lemon linguini which was a special and I'd definitely recommend it!! The atmosphere was really fun and eclectic. We were seated next to book shelves full of books :)

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Corvallis, Oregon
“Just like home!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

I ordered EXCELLENT spaghetti!! :D Also, I felt like I was staying at a friend's house - the staff was welcoming, friendly, and down to earth

Visited May 2012
Newport, Oregon
“Cozy homemade italian food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

this is a quaint little italian resturant / coffee house / book store set in a old victorian in the nye beach section of town. live music serenades dinner on the weekends. food is quite good and homemade. the owners are always there working, and i would absolutly recommend. Note: they are closed sunday & monday.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Portland, Oregon
“Nice little place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

My partner and I had dinner here on a stormy November night. We were the first ones in but had live music. The food was exceptional. My partner had the "all you can eat spaghetti with 2 meat balls" and I had the Linguini with white clam sauce. What a wonderful meal. I will be going back again.

Visited November 2011
Suzhou, China
“If you love books and food, don't miss this!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

Wonderful atmosphere, delicious food and reasonable prices. All this can be found at Green Gables. We happened to walk over while staying at the Elizabeth street inn. Our whole family loved the restaurant! The band was nice and talented and being surrounded by books is what I love. I warmly recommend this place and I am really, really sorry that we can't go there every week. The service also deserves a positive mentioning. All in all: they make a cool night a warm one :-)

• Visited July 2011