“Oh Yeah!” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Local cuisine
Portland, Oregon
“Oh Yeah!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

I love fresh seafood and this place did not disappoint. Even my granddaughters enjoyed their meal. My son-in-law ordered a hamburger..... don't do that. He was disappointed but I am not going to lower the rating because he ordered the wrong thing at a seafood restaurant. In fact, he finished off the fish leftover from the granddaughter's meal and admitted it was excellent.

Visited June 2014

Whistler, Canada
“Fresh ingredients fabulous food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Every time we walked by this place it was mobbed which is always a good sign. Luckily when we arrived for dinner the line up was minimal and we were seated inside of 15 minutes.

The place looks fairly innocuous with what appears to be half the store set up as a fishmongers selling fresh fish and the remainder what looks to be a canteen style cafe.
Once seated the atmosphere was nice and the servers attentive. What really made the place was the food, clearly fresh ingredients simply prepared. The crab cakes were awesome, my wife had a extremely nice bacon wrapped halibut and I the fishwife stew which was a variation on a cioppino. The stew was generously packed with seafood and well prepared.
Fantastic meal and if back in Newport this would be my first place of call.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Seattle, Washington
“Wonderful seafood!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I had dinner last night at this restaurant based on the recommendation of the person at our inn. When we got to the restaurant, which is down on the marina/harbor, it looked a little industrial from the outside. There are large glass roll up garage doors across the front, which allows you to sit in the open air during warm weather. Since it wasn't exactly warm this night the doors were down, but you still have a great view of the harbor.
I ordered pan-fried oysters and they were some of the best I've ever had. The oysters had a light panko-crust and we're fried perfectly. The fries were excellent, as was the slaw. My friend had fish and chips, which is the local catch of the day. She also thought her fish was fried exactly right. The restaurant uses as much local seafood as possible and also sells fish at the counter where you come in. If you are ever in Newport it's well worth a visit.

Point Richmond, California
“Worth the Wait!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Arrived at 7pm, two hour wait. Gave them our phone number and were told we would receive a text when our table was ready. Just before 9 we got our text, so we finished our beer at Rouge and headed to Local Ocean. We were seated at the bar that overlooks the kitchen... watching the chef work his magic was really fun and we had the pleasure of visiting with the Executive Chef, Charlie Branford, who gave us excellent recommendations. The seafood is so fresh and expertly prepared! I had the Black Cod, which was one of the best pieces of fish I have ever tasted. We also tasted the smoked black cod, which was out of this world! If in Newport, this place is a must!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Topeka, Kansas
“Scrumptious ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

Roasted Garlic and Dungeness Crab Soup was to die for the first time. Next time less impressive, but still good. Really enjoyed the Smoked Salmon Salad! Fish tacos weren't my favorite. Will definitely come again if ever out that way from KS once more. Staff very friendly.