“Breakfast was ok, convenient from hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Sutherlin, Oregon
“Breakfast was ok, convenient from hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

We stayed at the Best Western Agate Beach Inn where the restaurant was located. The dinner menu didn't look appetizing for the price. We decided to go for breakfast since we were tired and hey, we're right here. It was a nice, clean atmosphere with table by the window to look at the ocean. Service was ok. The waitress didn't stop by the table unless we flagged her down, except to order get drink, and bring food. The food was good, but call me a weird duck, but I hate my food crowded on my plate. This was the apitome of that. Eggs slapped ON TOP on my pancakes and bacon almost falling off my plate! The egg yolk was everywhere and soaked the pancakes, which I hated. Once I quickly ate my eggs, I could put the fixings on my pancake, and aside from the egg yolk, they were really good! The eggs...eh. Bacon, yummy! My husband's Belgium waffle was really good too. The hot chocolate was so horrible, that I couldn't drink it. It was so sweet, I was scraping sugar off the bottom of the cup. After that, the only way I'd eat there again was if we stayed at the hotel and I asked for my pancakes on a separate plate. And, no hot chocolate.

• Visited May 2012

Eugene, Oregon
“Horrible service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

We have been there 4 totally separate times, and received horrible service. We had to track down the waitress just to get more water, or the correct order-she just dropped our food and left and mine wasn't even the right plate. The bus boy ended up getting a tip from us because he did far more than the waitress. Won't be going back there again, we gave them enough chances.

• Visited April 2012
Manzanita, Oregon
“Only if your staying at the hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012 via mobile

We were staying at best western, and woke up hungry. We decided to eat at the restaurant at the hotel, which we never do because the food isn't always good. We had to wait a bit for someone to sit us, the waitress was very perky, friendly, and gave good service. We ordered the 2x2x2 and the two egg breakfast, it was a lot of food. Very greasy and fatty, probably microwave and frozen from a box. It worked for not wanting to leave the hotel just yet.

San Francisco, California
“Fantastic Feast!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

We went to the Thanksgiving Buffet yesterday at the Starfish Grill/Best Western Agat Beach in Newport, Oregon. What a great feast and no dishes to do!!! They had Turkey, Prime Rib, Salmon, Ham, Crab and all the sides and pies and cakes! We went once before (a couple of years ago) and it was just as good traditonal. If you want a great Thanksgiving Dinner you can't beat this one for the quality, service and value!

• Visited November 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Renton, Washington
“Great Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Razor Clams, Eggs and Breakfast Potatoes. Breakfast to die for.

Visited October 2011