“Always a pleasure” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations
“Always a pleasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Cane back to the cafe after a great experience last week. Travis was my server again, great service as always.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
ShiloHotels, Assistant Director of Restaurant Operations at Shilo Restaurant, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Aprilnt5,

Thank you for this review! We appreciate your feedback and kind words about Travis. Please come visit us again soon!

Assistant Director
Restaurant Operations

Newport
“Delicious food, wonderful staff and an amazing view!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Went there for ladies night and our server, a talk drink of water named Jesse, was awesome! Best service I've had in Newport in a long time! He was very attentive, knowledgeable, and friendly! Had these amazing special cocktails called Pear berry spritzers(?), tempura green beans, dinner salad, and the ginger chicken... so delicious! Going to recommend to dine there to everyone! To thumbs way up! Thank you Jesse for restoring my faith of great servers in Newport! X♡X♡

• 5 of 5 stars Food
ShiloHotels, Assistant Director of Restaurant Operations at Shilo Restaurant, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
irishonthecoast,

It's great to hear that Jesse helped restore your faith in servers in Newport! I'll be sure to thank him for that! I'm also happy to hear that you enjoyed your cocktails and food as well. We hope you visit us again soon!

Cottage Grove, OR
“Service so good at dinner we came back the next morning for breakfast.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

We hadn't been to the beach in a while. We rented a cottage and walked over to the Shilo for dinner and a drink. Luke was our server and was attentive without being in our faces, which we appreciated. The food was delicious, drinks were excellent and just what we were wanting after a day of playing on the beach. Even though our cottage had a kitchen, we wanted to spoil ourselves and remembered that awesome view and friendly service. We weren't disappointed!

We decided to come back the next morning for breakfast at the cafe and while it wasn't low calorie, it was so good! I especially liked my omelet and when I wanted salsa on the side, it was not a problem and delivered with my omelet. I can't tell you how many times I have made this request when dining out at other restaurants. I almost always have to remind the server, wait for the salsa to enjoy my omelet the way I want it to taste.

A manager came by who noticed we'd been there the night before, asked how everything was, and also if there was anything they could do to make our experience more pleasant. I joked with her that she could give us breakfast for free but it was nice having someone care. Also, Tiffany suggested we check out the Antique Mall for some fun shopping and told us about a wonderful place to hike and work off our hearty breakfast!

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
kayakguy30,

I would like to thank you for taking time to share the wonderful experience you had at our Newport location. I will be sure to thank Luke, Tiffany & the manager for making your time at our restaurant so enjoyable. We hope that your pleasant experience will bring you back our way again soon.

Assistant Director of Restaurant Operations
“Amazing veiw & friedly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Had breakfast in Shilo café last Sunday with family. Tiffany greeting us and seated us immediately. Travis was our server, he recommended the Florentine Omlet since Im a vegetarian, it was delicious, Travis pointed out whale to our kids, Thank you everyone at the Shilo café for making us feel so welcomed! We will see you again

April T,

I'm so glad to hear that Tiffany and Travis were able to make your visit to our Café so enjoyable. We hope that you come by again soon!

Lake Charles
“Monday Evening Dinner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

This was our first visit to this restaurant. Seating provided a relaxing ocean view. Our waitress, Moneeca, attended us very well. The appetizers (green beans and clam chowder) were acceptable as were the Alaskan Cod and Pasta Primavera.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
John H,

Thank you for visiting our Newport location and sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor. I will be sure to thank Moneeca for taking care of you. Please visit us again soon!