“Best cioppino? YES!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 96 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Casual & cozy mom & pop seafood restaurant. Healthy, non-fried local seafood. Prepared in unique steam kettles. "Worlds' Best Cioppino" Fish & crab entrees, gumbo, curry. Fresh Umpqua oysters, crab, shrimp, clams, salads. Beer, wine & cocktails. Dinner only, hours vary by season, Chk website for current. #1 rated in Newport. Enjoy our historic Newport Bayfront.
“Best cioppino? YES!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Kind of consider myself a cioppino connoisseur, and my favorite was Phil's Fish House, in Moss Landing, CA.

Was.

Sharks Cioppino is the best I have ever had. It is a 6 hour drive from my house to Sharks, so I will be visiting regularly!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Boulder City, Nevada
“Slow service, great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

My father, two sons and I had dinner at Sharks. We originally wanted to eat at Local Ocean Seafood, but the wait was almost 2 hours. The hostess/bartender was very busy and alone and the experience suffered because it took forever to take our order, serve our food, get the check, etc. I usually don't mind a really long wait, but both of my sons were very hungry and they were served last which seemed kind of odd. The restaurant only has a few tables and bar stools so everything was cramped. The cioppino, as everyone has been saying, was amazing. We also tried the linguini and it was tasty too. The experience was probably a 2-3 stars, but I decided to give 4 stars because the food was deserving of 5 stars.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kelso, Washington
“Amazing Cioppino”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is not the first time we've eaten at Sharks, and it will not be the last. This is a small, family-run restaurant that we've been visiting for over 15 years.

The food is never fried, it is mostly cooked in large steam jacketed kettles. You can sit at the bar and watch your food being cooked, or sit at a table. The place is small, but cozy.

Our hands down favorite is the cioppino. It is full of flavor and full of large chunks of fish, crab, and shrimp. In previous visits we've had the crab (all picked for you) and the halibut. Everything is cooked to perfection and bursting with delicious flavors. I recommend this restaurant to everyone I know who is visiting Newport and no one is ever disappointed.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Alamo, California
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Husband had the ciopinno, it was fabulous, but my seafood roast was served in a wonderful light creamy broth, full of shrimp, crab, oysters, and more! It was out of this world. Wonderful service, friendly atmosphere, and delicious food. Couldn't have asked for more.

Visited July 2013
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
“A MUST FOR US”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

My Husband and I live in Kentucky. Sharks is a must place for us whenever we visit Newport, OR. The Cioppino is the best we have ever had by far. The really cool thing is they ship you the Cioppino Sauce ready to use and you just add seafood, chicken or whatever you want to add. It is really good but just being at Sharks and the fresh seafood they add is outstanding!! We love the small quant little restaurant and the waitress’ which I can’t think of her name right this minute’ darn it, is wonderful. We love her;*)

• Visited September 2012