“After 4 days of Newport Seafood, this is my favourite” 5 of 5 stars

541-265-7512
Improve this listing
Ranked #36 of 92 restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: Seafood
“After 4 days of Newport Seafood, this is my favourite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

I loved this place. Happy, attentive staff, really excellent seafood and very happy, friendly customers. We watched the tuna being unloaded and cleaned on the dock (both from outside and inside the restaurant) and were treated very well by the staff. It is very busy and crowded, but has a sweet, welcoming vibe.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

64% Recommend
West Linn, Oregon
“Spendy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Not a lot of choices for kiddos, other than seafood.. Chowder was good but Chicken Ceasar Salad was a little blah!

Visited July 2013
Page, Arizona
“Nice view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We went to Mo's Annex in between lunch and dinner. It was quiet and we were seated next to the window that looked out at the water. LIncoln City's Mo's was very crowded and extremely touristy, so this was a nice change. This was the second time we ate at Mo's on our camping vacation. I decided not to get something fried this time and a bit smaller. I ordered the oyster stew and the rest of the family ordered shrimp (not fried), chili, and chowder. We all tried each other's dishes and were happy. I stopped in Lincoln City before Newport and bought Mo's chowder base. I shared it with friends near Coos Bay accompanied by a plate of Dungeness crab (YUM) that evening.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Williston, North Dakota
“Good Service and Excellent Alfredo”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My family and I (three adult children) all had the chowder and assorted entrees. We had come to not enjoy the chowder in the past, as it was more along the lines of potato soup with sand in it. We were shocked to discover many chunks of clam and good flavor this time, minus the sand. I also enjoyed among the very best alfredo sauces in my life. Service was good to great and the topper was the exceptional view of the bay. We will be back and looking forward to being at the Annex again.

The difference between the Annex and the main restaurant across the street is that the Annex does not serve fried foods like fish and chips. The Annex is much healthier, with the GREAT view.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Olympia, Washington
“Good Service Lousy Chowder and Crab Melt”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

My wife and I had clam chowder and I had a crab melt. Both sounded good but were actually marginal at best. Good view of the pier, and good service. The chowder had more potatoes than clams, the tuna melt was bland and virtually absent of any hint of crabmeat. Im sure there was some but not that you would notice. I feel bad for the servers, who are quite good (I tipped well) Service is usually the difference between a customer returning. Not in this case. Menu or cooks need to change.

Sorry servers Really.