“Great Seafood in Newport!” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 96 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Chowder
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Description: Situated with the dramatic backdrop of the Pacific Ocean, Georgie's Beachside Grill is a family friendly oceanfront restaurant. Georgie's menu features seafood favorites like halibut, salmon, Yaquina Bay oysters, crab, and seafood samplers. Not a seafood fan, don't worry Georgie's dinner menu features more than 80 items including steak, seafood, poultry, pasta, salads, vegetarian, and vegan. Consistently voted one of the top Newport restaurants by locals, you simply can't go wrong with breakfast, lunch, or dinner at Georgie's. Reservations are not accepted but you are welcome to call ahead put your name on the wait list. Georgie's is open daily at 7:30am.
Portland, Oregon
“Great Seafood in Newport!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

The restaurant is very lively. The bar area is perfect to grab a drink and enjoy the beach/ocean view. Fresh sourdough bread with your meal is fantastic. I enjoyed the Halibut Fish Tacos which are very fresh. The mango salsa was outstanding. The Clam Chowder wasn't the best so I wouldn't order again but the overall experience was great.

Visited February 2013
hallmarknewport, General Manager at Georgie's Beachside Grill, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
MDenney,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is great to hear that you enjoyed the bar area and the Halibut Tacos, they are definitely one of our more popular items. We hope to see you again soon.

Eugene, Oregon
“Great view good food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I ate here twice while in town ,dinner was very good , Greta service . The next day we went there for breakfast we left with half our food on our plate , the pancakes were not even cooked , the bacon was way under cooked even for a guy like me who likes his bacon soft ? So I have a very good review for dinner and a really bad review for breakfast . They were nice when we told them about our breakfast but we just thought it was the wrong day to be there . We would go there again for dinner , you should too

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
hallmarknewport, General Manager at Georgie's Beachside Grill, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Anthony D,

Thank you for taking the time to review your visits to Georgie’s. I am glad to hear that you were pleased with your experience at dinner and the overall service. I do want to apologize for the issues with the quality of your breakfast. I have discussed your comments with our Executive Chef and he will be keeping a close eye on the quality of food and retraining staff where necessary.

Thank you again for the review and for your willingness to give us another chance.

Portland, Oregon
“Amazing views and delicious food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I love this restaurant. I go here everytime I visit Newport because I know the view of the Pacific is spectacular and the food is the best in town; in fact, the food is some of the best anywhere. Georgie's has great steaks, seafood and pasta. I especially like the Diablo Seafood Pasta - unbelievably good.

I also want to comment on the service. All of the wait staff are excellent - professional and friendly. However, I now ask for one waitress in particular - Shawn - she knows the menu, is professional, yet makes you feel comfortable and cared for. I'll wait extra time to sit in her section everytime I go.

• Visited February 2013
road_tested2011,

Thank you for the great review. I would have to agree that the Diablo Pasta is a great choice and always one of our top 3 sellers. I would also agree that Shawn does an exceptional job. She was thrilled to hear that she had been recognized.

Thank you again for the review and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Corvallis, Oregon
“Awsome food and views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We came for a lunch today, had to wait a bit, about 10 minutes. My husband got Pasta el diabolo, and I got halibut and chips. We got slider hamburgers with fruit for our 3 y o son. The pasta was divine. My fish and chips was delicious, the sliders turned out to be pretty uninspired, but that is sadly almost always the case with kids meals.
The view is really good - not just the expanse of the ocean, but also the lighthouse (if you are facing the right way).
The interior looks very generic, but somewhat upscale and generally pleasing. The restaurant looks exactly like a better hotel restaurant looks. The service was generally good.
For Newport, the prices are not that high here - our bill for 2 entrees, a kid's meal, one shared dessert and 2 drinks was about $60.
We will definitely come back again.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
hallmarknewport, General Manager at Georgie's Beachside Grill, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Svet97330,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your visit to Georgie’s. It is great to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your meals with us. Our kid’s sliders have Kobe beef and Tillamook Cheddar but we would love to hear your suggestions to make them more inspired.

The interior is currently a work in progress. We have a good portion of the renovation complete but all of the darker accents and artwork have not yet been installed, hence the somewhat “generic” look currently. I am sure that you will love the interior once it is complete in another month or so.

Thank you again for the great review and we hope to see you soon.

ric@hallmarkinns.com
“Beautiful view, amazing dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I decided to visit Georgie's during the final evening of our stay in Newport. I had been craving salmon all day, and Georgie's served me a HUGE piece of the most delicious, flavorful salmon that I've had in years! Our waitress was incredibly helpful and even helped me select a yummy local beer to compliment my meal. Our experience at this restaurant was amazing and I can't wait to return and enjoy another wonderful meal.

Theincrediblelunk,

Thank you for the fantastic review. It is great to hear that we were able to satisfy your salmon craving and provide a recommendation for a great beverage to go with it.

We will be anxiously awaiting your return.