“It was a pleasure, pure and simple...” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 97 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Italian with a Mediterranean flare using local and fresh NW products. Wine Tasting & Wine flights, nightly specials & desserts.
Ashland, Oregon
“It was a pleasure, pure and simple...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

My fiancé, her daughter and I had one of the best experiences and meals it was possible to have.
The food was outstanding to say the least. The prices were unbelievably reasonable and the service left nothing to be desired, it was excellent. What more can be said. Just one thing...go there, don't wait!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
oceansidejj, Owner at Stone Crest Cellars Tasting Room & Bistro, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
I want to thank all who have visited our Bistro. The staff has so much fun making your dining experience enjoyable and more than what is expected. We are very blessed to meet such wonderful folks from near & far! I hope the efforts to create something unique and extraordinary continue to entice new guests as well as our returning "friends" of the Bistro.
Happy Holidays to all and Cheers!

Judy Joubert

Oregon
“The Bistro that does it right!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

When I called to make a reservation, I advised Cliff, the chef, that my family is Sicilian and that I am a harsh critic of Italian restaurants in general. I also harbored a hunch that something was not quite right about 18 five star reviews on TA.

Well, when I left I shook his hand and said, "... meet number 19...".

My friend and I did the 5 vino taste test - she ended up getting a full glass of one of the offerings. Both of the appetizers were just right (shrimp cakes and also a ricotta salad with asparagus) and my sausage over cheesy farfalle pasta was excellent and her pork with mushrooms equally so. The tiramasu and coffee were perfect as a dessert.

I must say that the service was great - fast, attentive and friendly. It was nice to see the chef out and about in the dining area greeting and inquiring as to diners' impressions. I will return.

• Visited December 2013
oregon
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

Had a friend in from out of state and decided to try this after reading TA reviews. WORTH the visit. The food was incredible. Not the standard italian fare of pasta, etc. Chef did his own twist on the dishes. Tiramisu was some of the best I've ever had...creamy with great coffee flavor but not overly sweet. Prices were under 14.00 per entree. Lori the manager as well as the chef and waitress all took time with us to make us laugh and enjoy ourselves. Felt welcomed and at home. WILL BE BACK!!!!

South Beach, Oregon
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

This is truly a superb Italian restaurant! The food, wine and service were top notch. The chef insisted we have dessert which was a perfect end to the meal. The $5 wine tasting provided us with the opportunity to order an excellent bottle of wine and we got $5 off the bottle. The server was knowledgeable and friendly. A little difficult to view from street but well worth it. Can't wait to return.

“Yum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

We ate dinner here tonight and it was delish! Fun waitress and friendly chief were a bonus, but the food was fabulous.