“Great time for jam sessions on Sunday night” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #83 of 97 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Eclectic, Cuban
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great time for jam sessions on Sunday night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Went with some friends to see some music and have a couple of drinks. Good time listening to the different musicians who came and went with their instruments. Would stop by again to hear who was playing.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Newport, Oregon
“Sassy service and crappy food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

These kids think they know down home southern style food, but this place is really a joke when it comes to a restaurant. It may be an OK nightclub, but don't eat there.

• Visited December 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
AZ
“BLeCk.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

I loved the art and the cheery paint job. The food, while not the worst I've ever had, doesn't rate a second chance. The fries were okay. The sandwich while not inedible, was only almost as good as a grocery store deli sandwich. I choked down half and brought the rest home just in case I got really really hungry and no longer cared what my food tasted like.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Harper
“Fun and Fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

To see this place from the outside a person would assume it would not be a good place to take the family. WRONG. Cecil's Dirty Apron is a great place to eat and lots of fun. We ordered frog legs just to say that we tried them. The chef brought them out to us, a young man from South Carolina. There was live music and we were encouraged to dance and enjoy ourselves. Our three year old could not stop dancing....oh, and she loved the frog legs! By far my favorite place to eat in Newport.

Visited June 2013
Portland
“Decent food, good music (a little loud), good times!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

My wife and I stumbled into Newport one evening, and decided to stop for a drink. Much to our surprise there was a band playing called Undrtow. Fun reggae music, mixed with a little blues. The crowd was great, so we decided to stay and eat. Typical Pub fare, I had a bleu burger, my wife had fish n chips. Both were good, nothing fancy. We had a really great time, and would definitely go back. It was a little noisy, so if that bothers you, you might go on a night when the band isnt playing.

• Visited May 2013