“So-so Mexican food.” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Portland
“So-so Mexican food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I have eaten here 3 or 4 times, as it is the best Mexican restaurant in Newport. Unfortunately, that's not saying much! Most of the Mazatlan restaurants are fairly consistent with the quality of their food and the menus are pretty much the same. But for some reason, the one in Newport doesn't measure up. The salsa they give you to start off with to dip your tortilla chips in isn't very good. The chimichangas and burritos are just average. And to top it off, they charge more than most of the Mazatlan restaurants. I guess because they are in Newport, they think they can charge more for less. If you want decent Mexican food, you have to drive up to Depoe Bay. There is another Mazatlan there that is far better.

Visited August 2012

Waldport, Oregon
“Best Mexican food I have every had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Love their burittos, margaritas and friendliness......
Family owned, quick service and excellent food every time!

Visited April 2013
“avoid at all costs literally”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

this was by far the worst Mexican food I have ever had! The server was nice enough however the chips were cold and stale which we should have known from that but thought we would chance it, we ordered tortilla soup (was average) a chalupa/enchilada combo in which I'm almost positive the rice was either reused or very old, and the kicker we ordered the chicken flautas basically shredded chicken stuffed in deep fried tortilla when we got them three of the six didn't have any chicken as in none not one bitty piece so we just put to the side not wanting half of what we ordered, so the waitress came over asked if we needed a box for them we said no thank you she said well was something wrong with them, we said no just only got half the order no biggie she looks at them and goes oh well i need to show the owner this... she comes back and says well the owner says you have to pay for them because although three didn't have chicken the other three had plenty of chicken to compensate for the lack of chicken in the other three... i said that's fine just have them re cook the order and we will take it to go... she comes back few mins later and said the owner said never mind he will just take off the bill... ugh not once did we see the owner andwe had no problem waiting for the order to be corrected just felt so rude

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Waldport, Oregon
“Bland bland bland and mue-expensive”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

We just had our first lunch at this place. Typical Oregon coastal mexican faire spiceless and blah. The prices were high for the portions you received which was bland. My $9.00 burrito had no rice, about a cup of refried beans and maybe 1/2 cup of shredded beef. Which was bland.
The wife had the number 2, taco with enchilada rice and beans, $7.50. The taco was ground beef and the enchilada wad almost non-exsistant. The chips and salsa was good but I've had better burritos from Taco Bell. The mexican restaurants in California serve a burrito about 3 times the size of this one and ground beef aint an option. If I wanted ground beef, I would have headed to Taco Bell. It should be Carne Asada beef full of flavor and spices. Most burrito stands in California, Arizona or New Mexico sell huge burritos for $3.50-4.00. And they taste far superior!

Skip this place if you want authentic mexican food. Oscars down the road is better by far as is the Bell, cheaper too. Service was exceptional and restrooms clean.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Chehalis, Washington
“Really Good Mexican Fare.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We had dinner here for the first time. The food was fresh and very good. The wait staff was friendly and kept our water glasses full. I really enjoyed my meal of chicken burrito, tamale, chili relleno, mexican rice and beans. My wife had a lovely plate of polla ala creama (chicken in cream sauce with mushrooms). I tried a few bites and found it much to my liking. So there are a couple good choices we enjoyed. I would go back again if I lived closer. Bon Apetite

• Visited October 2012