“Nice hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Save up to 20%
Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Newport
“Nice hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

We had a ocean view room. The room was clean and the view was amazing! The staff was friendly and very helpful. We will definitely be returning to this hotel on our next trip to Newport! I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel!!!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Judy K, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Agate Beach Inn, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Ryan O,

Thank you for your review, I am very happy that you had a good stay with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Keizer, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

We stayed at this hotel June 13th and 14th which was Father's Day weekend. Our room was on the 5th floor and easy to get to from the parking area via a sky bridge. We were pleased with the cleanliness of the room and that there were plenty of towels. Nice to have a refrigerator and microwave too. Good comfortable beds - we had two queen size, Would have loved an ocean view but since it was a holiday weekend they were pretty much booked up. We were vendors at the Celtic Festival in town so had to leave the hotel early in the mornings. The only downside about the hotel was the restaurant. Really nice location overlooking a pretty woodland garden and the beach and ocean beyond. We were the only people eating there at the time so we expected quick service. They were running a special which I decided to have. It was scrambled eggs with biscuits and gravy. Since the gravy didn't appeal to me I just asked for the scrambled eggs with the biscuits. Would have much rather had toast but there seemed to be no option. All I got was one biscuit (no butter) and the egg. I asked if there was jam as nothing was on the table so the waitress brought some. This was $5. My husband had a regular breakfast which consisted of an omelet. hash-browns and toast costing $10. Service was a bit slow and the food was pretty mediocre. Don't think we would eat there again.

Room Tip: Get a room with an ocean view. The view is much more relaxing.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
slotqueen561,

I am very disappointed to hear of your experience in our dining room with breakfast. I do apologize for the poor service you received. It does sound like you did enjoy your stay with us and hope that you will come stay with us again. I appreciate you taking the time to write your review.
las vegas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

very nice hotel easy access from hwy 101 view of beach, can walk to it, parking good, pool nice warm heated, nice beds, lounge with view, dinner area, frig, microwave in room close to Newport, enjoyed the stayed. Would go back.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Alice H,

I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I appreciate you taking the time to write your review.
Toledo, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

Had a nice room and even received a free upgrade to ocean view. The staff at the desk was very nice & professional. However, the housekeeping was REALLY poor. Only one of the beds was made, there was no replacement of coffee, hot cups or water glasses.

Carol825,

I am very sorry to hear about your experience with housekeeping. I do hope that you reported it while you were here so that we could take care of you, I do hope that other than this you enjoyed your stay with us and I appreciate you taking the time to write your review.
Grand Junction CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

From the time we arrived until the time we left, we received great service. The hotel is beautiful...our room was spacious and very clean! The view of the ocean from our balcony was wonderful. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Newport.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Judy K, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Agate Beach Inn, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Catherine K,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! I hope when you are at the coast you will come stay with us again.
Beaverton, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

First time staying at this hotel and we will be back, soon. Very family and pet friendly. Hotel staff very friendly and helpful. Only down side was restaurant did not meet expectations for such a fun hotel!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Judy K, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Agate Beach Inn, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Kimberly S,

I am so glad to hear that you were pleasantly surprised with your stay, I am so sorry that your dining experience was not as good! I looked through comment cards to see if you had filled one out as I would be interested in know what happened. I appreciate you taking the time to write your review and we look forward to seeing you again.
Renton, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

We decided to pay the extra to get the ocean view and it was worth it. A beautiful view of Yaquina lighthouse and Agate beach. Room was clean and comfortable. I will plan to stay again in the future. Newport is a fun to walk and eat.

Room Tip: Get the ocean view
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Tina T,

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and will be back. I appreciate you taking the time to write your review.

Been to BEST WESTERN Agate Beach Inn? Share your experiences!