“Great Location” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Beaverton, United States
“Great Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Hotel was great...right next to the beach. Rooms were clean and lobby area was nice. Beds were OK...a little on the hard side. Fridge, microwave and counter space was convenient. $1 menu for kids breakfast at the restaurant was good too. Pool was large and very well maintained. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Judy K, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Agate Beach Inn, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Tom R,

I am very glad that you had a good stay with us and sounds like you enjoyed all we have to offer, I appreciate you taking the time to write your review. Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Maple Grove, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

This BW facility is among our top favorites. Its location, right on the OR Coast, is just outstanding. If the weather allows, you can open the window a crack and hear the breakers coming into shore. There are great sunrise and sunset shots if you are into photography. Their restaurant has excellent service and the menu offers a lot of seafood options; all very tasty.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Goodmedicine7229,

I am very happy to hear that we are on your favorites list! Our hotel is good to stay at Rain or Shine as if you have the ocean view room you can watch the waves from your room. Sounds like you enjoyed our dining room as well, Thank you for writing your review!
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Location on this hotel is great, just a short walk to the beach. The place itself is very average, and the staff is nice. The breakfast was okay, nothing special, the service was okay, they were busy and seemed to need another person. Our food came and it looked like it had sat for a few minutes under the heat lamp. The windows looking out over the balcony to the ocean were dirty and had fingerprints all over them.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, I am very sorry that your breakfast was not served right away! I will defiantly look into the situation. Other than the problem with your windows I do hope you found your room clean as we do try to make sure everything is nice and clean for you! I do hope you will come stay with us again!
Portland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

The room was very clean with a great ocean view, comfortable beds with white linens and a large flat screen TV. We stayed on the 6th floor which allowed us the great view.

The front desk staff was very friendly and very helpful in getting information on nearby attractions and available transportation, as they are not really within walking distance of shopping, other than Walmart. Their lobby is very modern and clean and has coffee and fruit available.

We ate at the onsite restaurant for breakfast and dinner. During breakfast, our waitress was Amy and she was outstanding. She was exceptionally busy but never forgot about you and kept the coffee coming ... The food was quite good. The only suggestion I would have would be to have a smaller portion menu available in the evening.

The only negative thing I would note is that the halls were exceptionally cold .. which was a result of the maids leaving the doors open to the outside when cleaning. There were some great chairs in the halls which had great views of the ocean .. but it was really too cold to enjoy them. We mentioned this to the front desk and they were going to take care of it.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Request the 6th floor for a ocean view
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Judy K, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Agate Beach Inn, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Portland Phly,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review, I am very happy you enjoyed your stay with us and was well taken care of! I will also look into the situation with the maid leaving the window open and the cold air coming in! During the summer it is great but winter is a different story! Thank you again!
Friday Harbor, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

This is my 3rd visit to this hotel but my first review. There is a choice of an ocean view or hillside view room. I absolutely love the view rooms that I have stayed in. The rooms in this hotel have always been clean and nice and quiet and the view of the ocean and beach is spectacular. The lobby area is a nice comfortable place to sit and visit with friends. I really can't say enough nice things about my stays at the Best Western Agate Beach . I would go out of my way to stay here in the future.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Barbara W,

Its nice to hear that you like to come and stay with us! I appreciate your kind comments about our hotel. It is great that you took the time to share your experience at our hotel with others Thank you,
Beaverton, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

My wife & I were looking for an upscale establishment to watch a couple of local college football teams and found the Rookie's Sports Bar attached to this hotel. It was just what we were looking for. The service was prompt, pleasant and professional. The food we ate was good and hit the mark. We could that the view from the bar was nice. We go to the coast quite often, so maybe next time, we'll look forward to staying in the hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Judy K, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Agate Beach Inn, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Philip H,

I am so glad you enjoyed watching the games in our Lounge, I actually was here for an event and I saw that there was quite a few people in watching! Yes next time you should come stay with us we would love to have you! Thank you for taking the time to write your review!
Long Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Get an ocean view room! The entire wall is glass with a sliding door. The beach is just downstairs and across a small road. The beach is large making for a good walk in either direction. We arrived early. The girl at the desk was kind enough to check with housekeeping and we were told our room would be ready in about half an hour and they would call us. That did not happen. It was not an issue since we knew we were early. I took a long walk on the beach and then we relaxed in the bar for a while. The room was definitely worth waiting for. The rain came in the next day but the view was still beautiful. The room was spacious and very comfortable, tastefully decorated and modern. This was our farthest point north. We stayed for three days before beginning our trip back to southern Californa. It was a wonderful place to relax before getting back in the car. We did enjoy visitng the local lighthouses in spite of the light rain.

Room Tip: Definitely get an ocean view room!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
bogeysue,

I am so glad to hear that you really enjoyed your stay with us despite the rain. I appreciate you taking the time to write your review and hope that you will come stay with us again!

Been to BEST WESTERN Agate Beach Inn? Share your experiences!