“Good, but could have been Great!” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Newport
Orlando, Florida
“Good, but could have been Great!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

This was one of only a few available hotel openings/options for a last minute overnight trip.

However, there are a few small areas of concern that ill talk about and it looks like they are doing some remodeling so that make solve all these issues.

Did not get to try any food at the in-house restaurants, but I heard they had a Breakfast offering, $5 for adults and $1 kids (7 and under)

I will list the Pros and Cons

PROS

*Practically right on the BEACH!
*Great Views
*The Pool and Hot Tub were AWESOME!
*The Staff was friendly and helpful
*Mini-fridge and Microwave
*Free Coffee and Fruit in the AM at the beverage bar.
*Small Arcade for kids
*Internet Access with free printing options
*Kids Suite with bunk beds

CONS

**NO AC in room (this was a HUGE disappointment as it was SO HOT in the room)
**The room we got was NOT spacious, nor did it look like room photos that have been advertised, It was cluttered with beat up furniture and there was no walking room in the bed/tv area.
**Furniture was very dated and worn.
**TV service/connection was very fuzzy, we could hardly get a channel to come in clear. Thankfully we brought the WII so we could stream Netflix
**Hillside/Forest View was actually parking lot
**The walls are paperthin, could hear every toss and turn of the neighbors and sleeping at night did not work out too well.

Since we were only here for The Beach, I wasn't too disappointed. Hopefully though, all the upgrades make this place go from good to GREAT!

• Stayed July 2013
Judy K, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Agate Beach Inn, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
created4thecreator,

I appreciate your review, Unfortunately you were not in one of our standard size rooms if you were in the kids suite I can see why you did not have that much room do to the bunk beds and separate area for the kids makes this room seem very small. The pictures on line are of our standard rooms. I appreciate you writing the pros and cons, We have been getting some new furnishings and we are changing our TV service to satellite but it still should not have been fuzzy, Did you call the desk to have maintenance take a look at it? I appreciate you taking the time to write your review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
North Bend, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Just a one night stay on Saturday June 29, 2013. We made our reservation months in advance, even had a comformation number and paperwork showing our reservation, but when we arrived at the hotel, they had no record of us. They had one room left, a parking lot view. The hotel has no air conditioning and the upper rooms are HOT. They supplied us with a fan, but it did little to cool the room. The food was very good in the restaurant.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
bybarr,

I am so sorry about your reservation, I just looked to see what happened and I found your reservation so I do not know what happened. I do apologize! I do hope that you will give us another chance!
Seattle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Have stayed at this hotel several times. Best rooms are on the 6th floor with the ocean view, but ocean view rooms cost more. This time we noticed more wear on the chairs, not clean and even some left over food on one of the chair arms. Also found a long blond hair in the chair. The rooms are nice but the balcony is really small. Standing room only! The front desk service was acceptable but had to wait thru a couple phone calls to check in. Breakfast is not included in the room rate but is available at an additional charge. We never ate at the hotel so not sure how good the food is. Rack for the towels in the bathroom was hanging off the wall and never repaired in the 3 days we stayed there. I have stayed at a lot of nicer Best Western Hotels. We actually stayed there this time because the other hotels were full. This hotel is ok but not our first choice in Newport, OR.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
32Street,

I appreciate your review, As I mentioned in your survey we are in process of putting in new chair however even if you had an old chair it should have been clean. I do hope you will come back and give us another try!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Just a two night stay during Fourth of July weekend. Definitely recommend the ocean view rooms. the view is spectacular of the ocean and the lighthouse. A very narrow balcony, but enough to stand and drink morning coffee. We left the sliding glass door open all night to listen to the ocean and get fresh air. The room was great. Bathroom and sink are together, so hard to multi task with two people, but it's minor. Great stay.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for the ocean view if you can.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Palousesher,

Sound like you enjoyed your stay with us and loved the view! Which I agree is so pretty! I always recommend the ocean view when it is available as it is so nice to be able to sit and watch the waves! I hope you will stay with us next time you are in town! Thank you for your review!
warenton oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I booked this room early and was not able to get a ocean view with 2 queens, but the view is cool(by the elevator), you can see the lighthouse. The front desk and housekeeper were awesome, but they could only do so much. We got in the room and it was hot, called the front desk and they furnished a fan. WOW, this is a Best Western PLUS and the room had small issues. Went to get driving directions to dinner- the house computers did not work. the front desk made a strip map. The swimming pool was enjoyed by the grandkids. Other Best Western have better beds and free breakfast. Manager please make excuses- I'm not coming back

Room Tip: get the 6th floor and closer to the elevator
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Scottbaj,

I was a little confused by your comments, You gave us some great ones but were said you would not be back! I am very sorry that you left our hotel feeling this way, I will not make excuses as we do make mistakes or have things not work So I do apologize !
Hood River, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Stayed here for one night traveling with another family. We had a non-beach view room, but I imagine the rooms facing west have an amazing view. The bar and outdoor deck also had an amazing view. Our room was a bit dated, but not bad. Comfy bed, decent furnishings, nice tv. The huge pool was a hit with the kids, and us adults enjoyed the hot jacuzzi. The bar served us good drinks, and we had appetizers, which were fine. Not a bad place. We'd stay here again for sure.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
BizDevRoaddee,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us! The rooms with the ocean view are great! I wish they all faced the water. I hope that next time you will stay with us longer, We are currently updating our rooms and will have pictures on facebook!
Sparks, Nevada, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

This was a great location to locate so that we could go up and down the Oregon Coast. We did have some problems with the wireless service and cigarette smoke coming into our room. The ease of parking and the view were fantastic. We ate dinner in the restaurant and that was great. However stay away from the bar food it was terrible must of been an off night for the cook for the restaurant food and bar food come from the same kitchen.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Judy K, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Agate Beach Inn, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
LinK151,

I am very glad that you enjoyed our property and the Oregon Coast, I am glad to hear that you had a great dinner and I can't image what happened with the food in the bar unless it was a different cook. We do not allow smoking in the hotel but I do think when guest go outside to smoke that it filters up in the air so I am not sure yet what I can do to fix this! Thank you for taking the time to write your review!

Been to BEST WESTERN Agate Beach Inn? Share your experiences!