“Great everything!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Inn at Nye Beach

You added Inn at Nye Beach to your Saves list
Inn at Nye Beach
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   729 NW Coast Street, Newport, OR 97365 (Formerly The Viking's - Greenstone Inn)   |
Special Offer
3 for 2 Promotion
Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Newport
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Great everything!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

Two weeks ago my wife and I stumbled on to the Inn at Nye Beach while looking for a place to hunker down to wait out an ice/snow storm. I can't say enough about this great little hotel - fantastic front desk staff (Debbie & Betsy), located right on the beach in a fun neighborhood, wonderful character, beautifully maintained, very good value for the price. I especially liked the layout of the room with sitting area and gas fireplace, beautiful furnishings and rain shower. We enjoyed it so much we changed our travel plans to stay a second night. Next time we are on the coast we will most certainly stay here. Way to go Inn at Nye Beach!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
salem
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

Truely enloyed the large rooms and that the property is green. The lighting function was not explained to us when we checked in so it took awhile to discover how they work and that the bulbs weren't all blown out. The ocean view was wonderful. The front desk staff very helpful. My daughter had strained her back and needed to find a vegan remedy. The front desk staff was able to gave us the number of a spa near by. The spa had just what we needed. The only complaint is that the noise from the room next door made it hard to enjoy a bath.

Room Tip: As I read in other reviews, top level rooms would be quieter.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

We came for a 1-night getaway, and stayed for 3 nights. We loved our room - a one-bedroom that was spotless, comfortable, had a great view, and a nice gas fireplace for the chilly nights. Wi-fi worked great, which was necessary as one of us was telecommuting for work.

The staff couldn't have been nicer and more helpful.

Our room was surprisingly quiet at night - never heard noise from anyone else or from the road, so that made for very restful evenings. We loved the in-room terrycloth robes to lounge around in and also the coffee and tea fixings that are always available in the lobby. The freshly-baked cookies in the lobby in the afternoons were a delightful surprise!

The beach in front of the hotel was fantastic for morning and afternoon walks, and of course for watching the sunsets from the room.

We couldn't have enjoyed the hotel more - and its convenience to the little town of Nye Beach.

The one complaint we had is that we came back to the room one day when the housekeeper was there - but she wasn't there. Our door was wide open, her cart was there, but she wasn't - she showed up about 5 minutes later. That means all our possessions in the room were not secure at all. The management needs to end that practice immediately.

Room Tip: the higher the floor, the more sweeping the ocean view, it seems. But all room have ocean views, fro...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

I'm very picky about my hotel stays. This place had a very clean and comfy room. The bed was great. We stayed in a King one bedroom suite. The fireplace was great and the view was very nice. The lotions have a beautiful rose scent that I really enjoyed. Loved our stay.

• Stayed January 2014
Springfield, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

This was the first trip to Nye Beach for my husband and I and we were very excited to visit the area and enjoy the Honeymoon Suite as an early anniversary/valentines treat to eachother.
The Nye Beach district was breathtaking as we approached our Hotel, it looked just as the pictures and we were instantly impressed.
Unfortunatly, as we checked in, the mood quickly changed as we were told we would be staying in the building "next door" to the Inn that we had booked.The front desk clerk reassured that they owned the adjacent property too, although that wasn't what I was told over the phone.
We walked over to notice our room is part of a townhouse style 4plex, and not the "Inn" experience we were looking for, but we were still optimistic and looking to relax and settle in prior to sunset.
As we opened our door we were welcomed with a great oceanfront view from 2 small windows with shredded blinds but a wonderful large room, we could hear the people next door in thier room as soon as we walked into our bathroom-which was disappointing because that is where the jetted tub was (that we payed extra for).This is where my review gets stinky...the jetted tub was left uncleaned for us. Yes, dirty with oils left on the knobs and even hair.
With that, I called the front desk to inform the tub was dirty, the clerk said sorry-and would see if someone was around to clean it. "See if someone was around" ? I was appalled.
My husband and I, still optimistic, opened our wine and reached for the wine glasses, that would be goblets, and headed to the parking lot chairs to watch the sunset and walk the beach.
When we got back our room was left open-and without any signs from housekeepin, as I was checking the tub for cleanliness-the maid stormed in with clean linens and robes that they must have forgotten as well.
Nothing changed the entire night, no calls to ensure we were ok, and we turned our music up to lessen the noise of the neighbors. No room service available, no connected restaurants.
Upon check out, nothing was said to us to make up for the dirty room, leaving our belongings unattended or poor customer service.
I can clearly say I am very disappointed and will tell my friends, family and coworkers of our experience.
The town was cute, fun, friendly and energetic-I will definatley be back, just not to the Inn at Nye Beach.

Room Tip: The honeymoon suite is most expensive and was very noisy. There are no room service or restaurant a...
Green Features: I did not see any evidence that this hotel was looking to be enviromentally friendly.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
NyeBeachManager, General Manager at Inn at Nye Beach, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at our hotel. I’m very disappointed that your stay hadn’t turned out better so that you were able to truly enjoy your time in Nye Beach. There were several aspects of your stay that should have been dealt with and handled better by our team beginning before you had even arrived, from the way the room was described and location of the room (in our North Building), to the cleaning of the room. Cleanliness of our rooms is something we take great pride in and work feverishly to ensure each of our guests experience the same high standards. As soon as I heard of the issue with your room’s Jacuzzi tub not being cleaned properly, I addressed this issue with the appropriate staff involved to prevent further issues.

In addition to the state of your room being substandard, the way the staff handled the issue after your arrival was unacceptable. I have spoken with the employees with whom you dealt with after you reported the issues and have implemented additional training for our staff to ensure that issues are handled more appropriately and escalated to Management so that we can ensure everything is taken care of in an efficient manner for our guests.

I do hope that I can have the opportunity to further speak with you regarding your stay. Although the damage from this stay is already done and your experience with us was well below what any of our guests should ever deal with, I feel that the stay you were expecting and deserved is still waiting for you at the Inn at Nye Beach and we truly hope to have the opportunity to make it up to you.
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

I was super excited when I booked the hotel.... however, you always wonder if the pictures you see are really what you're going to get.... in this case... YES! We were in Newport for a family vacation. We booked the two room King so our toddler (still in pack n play) could have his own room. Because of that, we were able to honor naps, and his bed time and my husband and I were able to hang out in the living room enjoying the ocean view, the fireplace and just relaxing! It's a stair case away from the beach, so it's super easy access! We loved being in Nye beach as you're away from the main part of Newport, but you're still so close. Plus, being walking distance to Nye Beach was great! Having a kitchenette in the room was awesome so we could have breakfast and snacks in the room.... as our toddler was getting sick of always being in a restaurant! The staff was super friendly and helpful! Although we never had a negative experience with anyone, Debbie checked us in and was just delighted to help us make the most of our vacation by answering all our questions and making lots of suggestions! Very helpful! Super clean room! This place exceeded all my expectations! =)

Room Tip: If you have a family... do a two room suite! Worth every penny!!
Green Features: AWESOME! We have a super energy efficient house, so it was great to travel to a place that cares as much as we do!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

Friendly, helpful staff. Clean, well-kept room. Good room-darkening drapes in the bedroom. Adequately stocked kitchenette. Freshly-ground coffee from the front office for French presses in the rooms.

The name-change must be quite recent. We have a 2006 car that uses Navteq GPS on disk, and in mid-January, the 2014 disk knew the motel as "Vikings Green Stone Inn," not Inn at Nye Beach.

Our ground floor ocean-view room was over the open-air parking garage, which meant the carpeted floor was cold in winter. So remember your slippers! And the rooms get dark at night, so take a night light or two (we always carry two).

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Inn at Nye Beach? Share your experiences!