“Tasty food and good portion size” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese
Description: Japanese cuisine and sushi bar
Description: Japanese cuisine and sushi bar
Washington State
“Tasty food and good portion size”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

Very good sushi, udon and tempura. My son's teriyaki beef was so-so. The only real downside was that our server seemed really bored and not interested in providing decent service.

Visited June 2012

79% Recommend
Portland, Oregon
“Toxic sushi, toxic udon. Used to be good.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

My husband and I used to frequently eat at Sada's. It used to be the highlight of our visit to Depoe Bay/Newport area. Not so anymore. I've heard that ownership has changed. I've never been to such a bad Japanese restaurant. We've been to many Japanese restaurant throughout the years. Some great and some mediocre but NOTHING AS BAD AS SADA'S. My husband ordered two sushi rolls and mentioned that salmon inside it was cooked thoroughly and tasted very fishy. The fish on top of the rainbow roll tasted rotted and again very fishy. He regretted eating this and was afraid that the hotel toilet might become his best friend that night. Based on the state of affairs of the sushi at a so called sushi restaurant, I ordered something very safe or so I thought. My Nabeyaki udon noodle looked that it had been reboiled couple times. When I pick it up with my chopsticks, the noodles broke in half. The cast iron kettle that nabeyaki was supposedly cooked in was not even hot. In fact, the restaurant served it on top of tea light candle in an attempt to make it appear more appetizing. Are you kidding me??? Tea light candle!!!. I've eaten many Nabeyaki udon in my life time and I have never seen it served this way. In fact, I have never had any food delivered to me on top of a tea light candle period. The Nabeyaki udon taste better at one of those cheap sushi track conveyor belts and it only costs $3 versus $14 that was charged at Sada's. I am not sure why Sada sold his establishment to a new owner and allowed him/her to use his name. Sadly, his reputation is at stake. Avoid this place like a plague unless you want to pay premium for old and rotted food.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Best Sushi in Newport”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

Extensive menu and very fresh ingredients. Quick, friendly service and reasonable prices.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Denver, Colorado
“Great taste and fair price for sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

Sushi rolls had great flavor, sushimi was high quality. We enjoyed it thoroughly. Will go back again. This little town has great choices in dining!

Visited March 2012
Newport, Oregon
“Great Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

Best place for sushi on the Oregon Coast Great place to enjoy a meal with friends. If you have a large group you can get the sushi boat, a local favorite.

Visited December 2011