“Character aplenty, a view, and a cornucopia of beers” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #53 of 97 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Nestled inside the Rogue Ales Brewery, this two story brewpub offers a panoramic view of Yaquina Bay and the marina. You can enjoy the full line of Rogue brews, brewery tours, and 40 taps. Sunday-Thursday:11am to 9pmFriday and Saturday: 11am to 10pm
Vancouver, Canada
“Character aplenty, a view, and a cornucopia of beers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

If you enjoy sampling radically different flavours of beer, this pub and restaurant in Rogue's Newport brewery makes for a satisfying pilgrimage. The pub is all rough wood with a long bar and a forest of taps. The restaurant is very plain with metal table tops, wooden chairs, a simple open kitchen, and fast professional service. Both have a view of the boat harbour and the bay beyond. The fun part is that to get to the entrance, you have to walk right through the brewery. Not so fun is that you have to walk back again to use the washroom.

The food was decent. We had the interesting cheese+beer soup and some fish tacos. Nothing special but just right for the price. The best menu feature is the 4-beer taster set for $6. Pick any four beers on the menu -- about 40! On our visit the place was busy with both locals, tourists, and even big family groups.

The gift shop at the downstairs entrance is fun but way overpriced.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Portland, Oregon
“Passion for Beer - wished the same for the food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I was excited to go this brewery and wished it would have been better than my initial optimism.
The bar/resturant area is fun to get to through the actual brewery - warm welcome and an amazing variety of beers on tap - loved the Yellow Snow! Food choices looked good, but just didn't deliver. I shared the deep fried calamari - unfortunately, not lightly breaded as the menu suggested and several pieces were not cooked. The Kobe burger tasted great, though my dining partners said their food was ok - I would give an 'Excellent' for the beer and an 'Average' for the food -

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Salem, Oregon
“We felt right at home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I took my adult son to the Rouge while we were camping at the coast for his birthday. When we went in we asked to sit at the bar. The waitress there gave us samples of beers so we could make a good decision. The atmosphere was warm, the conversation with the staff and my son was wonderful. The waitress even took pictures for us with my camera. Next time I am in Newport I will be back. Thanks for a good time.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Francisco, California
“Good food & ales”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Well worth looking for when in Newport. Great place to rest after spending most of the day at the aquarium.

Visited November 2012
McMinnville, Oregon
“This place is exactly what its supposed to be.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

It is a fun atmosphere on the oregon coast. I found the service to be pretty good considering it has been packed both times that I have been there. A good mix of seafood and brewpub food. I found that the food was pretty good as far as brewpubs go, with a little more of a family atmosphere. Overall experience no complaints. But if your in here expecting some groundbreaking cuisine experience you picked the wrong place. This place is what it is and I would gladly go back again. Make sure you take home a growler of dead guy it has always been one of my favs.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere