“Excellent beer, great staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #53 of 96 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Scenic view
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Nestled inside the Rogue Ales Brewery, this two story brewpub offers a panoramic view of Yaquina Bay and the marina. You can enjoy the full line of Rogue brews, brewery tours, and 40 taps. Sunday-Thursday:11am to 9pmFriday and Saturday: 11am to 10pm
Edmonton, Canada
“Excellent beer, great staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

This is my third visit to the Rogue Brewery in Newport. I prefer the lounge/bar to the restaurant, but only the restaurant side was available when we visited, and I'm glad we sat there because our server, Sam, was excellent. I am always impressed with the selection of beers that Rogue has to offer. My favourite is the Double Chocolate, and I was happy to be able to purchase a few bottles on site. The taster trays are well worth the money, and our server was very helpful in selecting beer based on our preferences. For food, I had the beer and cheese soup. It was delicious, not too salty like they can be. The meat and cheese platter was less impressive. I can't remember what my husband had, but he liked it :) In three visits I have always found the staff helpful and friendly, whether ordering beer or purchasing a t-shirt. I think it's well worth the visit if you're a beer lover.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Florence, Oregon
“Fun place and good beer!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

This is a great place to come with friends and just hang out having a good time. It's not frilly but it has a lot of 'cool'. The foods not bad and you can sample the various beers to find what you like best.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Currently Oregon
“I am SO over the Rogue thing.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I used to enjoy this pub but its gone downhill as has the whole Rogue Nation thing. Back in the day this was the place for microbrews but with so many breweries coming online in Oregon, Rogue is getting their clock cleaned. Really, my Dead Guy pint was cheaper in my hotel bar than their own pub. And $16 to fill my own growler!!! That's an Oregon record. Not a chance and I'm offended by the greed. Food so so. Skip the downtown pub and make a stop across the bay at the brewery. It's worth the stroll through the active brewery to the upstairs little bar. At least once. And Rogue Guys, you should take notice because my opinion is validated by my beer friends. And you should fire the waitress in your Portland pub who served my beer in a hot pint glass and after I complained went and poured it in another glass and brought it back. That exemplifies the current Rogue Nation.

Moos, Germany
“Good food and good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We arived late but we got a good fish and ships and a beer tasting. Croque single malt ale I like best.
Jonny B.
Germany

Visited August 2012
Olympic Peninsula, WA
“Average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Chose this restaurant on the recommendation of an RV park manager & because it is close to the RV park. Food was average diner food but with prices slightly higher than diners. We really liked the variety of dishes offered. More than most Newport restaurants we've tried. They really should put their menu on their website. Staff was great, very friendly, attentive. Did not care for the chocolate ale, beer, whatever it was, but they have so many beers to choose from there is bound to be one you like. Restaurant is a bit noisy. Some tables have a view of the marina. May eat here again when we have a taste for something other local restaurants don't offer.