“Good Company” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 15 Activities in Newport
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Captain's Reel Charters provides individual and group trips for deep sea fishing, ocean/bay crabbing, and whale watching. Each season of the year offers unique charters & attractions. Ocean excursions can be close to shore for rock fishing or ocean crabbing. We travel into deep water for Halibut, and troll for Salmon. Our charters can extend up to 100 miles off shore fishing for Albacore Tuna.
Oregon, United States
“Good Company”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I'm all about the fish and Capt. Gerald put us on fish. I got three doubles and my limit of Rocks in about an hour. On the trip most people who put for the effort to learn the how to turn short bites into hookups got limits of Rock and a number of people caught Lings as well. A few hiccups in the equipment and such but they were shaking off the winter rust.

Visited April 2013

“Fantastic day!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

I've been fishing and crabbing with this company quite a few times and have had a blast every time!! All the crews I've been out with were great and the owner is friendly, knowledgeable and honest. In fact, yesterday's trip we wanted to throw out a bunch of crab pots and she let us know the crabbing had not been good and threw in a few pots as we've had to reschedule a few times due to Mother Nature. There was 8 of us and we'd have bought a bunch of pots, but thanks to her honesty and not wanting us to waste a bunch of money we decided to go with two plus the free ones... Thank goodness we listened to her because out of 9 pots that went in there was 6 keepers. I'd highly recommend this place and wouldn't even think of going with any other company in the area!!! :)

Visited April 2013
Seattle, Washington, United States
“Count me in again and again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

My partner and I took a rock fishing charter, and I had the time of my life! I'm the first person in my family to fish in the ocean or to catch a bass, and the entire crew made sure I had a memorable experience from start to finish. Even though one of the families on board was homophobic, none of the crew or Barbara made us feel uncomfortable whatsoever. The fishing was great, a lot of fun, and the captain wasn't happy until we were reeling them in. We were all hitting the bottom and losing gear, but those guys never missed a step or lost the smile on their faces while getting us unstuck, retying our lines, or bringing in 4 fish at a time. There's no mistaking they love what they do, and who wouldn't?! We will be back again and again and again!! (Tuna for SURE!)

Visited March 2013
Carlton, Oregon
“Highly Recommend!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I will not charter with anyone else again. I am a female and usually do these trips alone. Captain's Reel made it easy for me. The office staff are friendly and treat you like family. The boat crew members are fantastic, they treated me with respect and were patient with me as well. When I got back with my catch, the dock crew for cleaning and fileting were just as good. I have been on multiple trips with this company, crabbing, rockfish, tuna..... I have booked 3 trips for this year so far and will likely do more.

Visited February 2013
Redmond, Oregon
“the best i have ever been fishing with”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I have been ocean fishing since high school ( 1990 ) and been out with 10 plus charter company's from California to Vancouver island Bc., including about 5 on the Oregon coast until I found Captain's reel. everyone from the ladies in the office to the fish filleters are great! I have been out with Captains more than 10 times and have never had a bad experience. I haven't been fishing with any other charters since my first time I went with Captains. I cant say enough about this wonderful family run company. they have gone over and above what is expected from any charter service many many times. if you have the chance to go out with them do not hesitate. thanks again Captains and look forward to the next trip.

Visited August 2012