“It's a Lot More than Noodles” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 97 Restaurants in Newport
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Noodle, Asian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Seattle, Washington
“It's a Lot More than Noodles”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We had a memorable meal at this little restaurant in the evening on Friday, June 7, 2013.

The food was delicious, and the service was delightful.

I have two suggestions for this excellent enterprise.

First, improve the curb appeal of your establishment. A little paint would help, and some of the 8 1/2 x 11-inch signs need to be removed.

Add something to your name so casual passersby will know you serve much more than noodles: Noodle Cafe: Pan-Asian Cuisine or Noodle Cafe and Oyster House, for instance.

The oysters with scallions was a dish as delicious as oysters get, and the homemade noodles were sublime. We have visited Newport many times over a 25-year period and our meal here was the best we have ever had there.

• Visited June 2013

Portland, OR
“Fresh new bayside restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Delicious salad rolls and Asian chicken salad - fresh ingredients, delicious peanut sauce, and very friendly service. Moderately priced, and you can see the bay from inside or sit outside on park benches in the fresh air.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Newport, Oregon
“I Hate to Write This”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

This is one of those times when I am torn between wanting to reward a great restaurant and keeping my mouth shut. I live here and while I love good food I am not so happy about waiting in line to get it. Noodle Cafe, on Newport's historic tourist filled bayfront, has a slightly confusing ambiguous name and is in a somewhat odd looking unassuming building. Although you will find delicious seafood here it is likely not what you first think of when you see their sign.

Go on in. If you have looked at other highly rated Newport eateries keep your eyes open; there's a good chance you will see one of their chef-owners at the next table. They all eat here. The food is consistently delicious, different from everything else in town, and very very reasonably priced.

Everyone has their favorite entrees. For me they are: pho (as good as I can find anywhere in Portland), jung bong (the only place I have ever found it), and fried tempura oysters (from the oyster farm just up the road).

If you are in Newport you really should eat here...but not on the nights I want to go!

Portland, Oregon
“Hidden gem on the historic waterfront”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised by this inconspicuous restaurant in downtown Newport. It may not appear to be much on the outside, but I enjoyed some of the best Chinese food I have had since being in Oregon. The sauces were flavorful and unique, the ingredients fresh, and everyone in my party enjoyed their meals. I will definitely be returning next time I'm in Newport!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Reedsport, Oregon
“Fresh and fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We ate her on a sunny saturday afternoon and took advantage of sitting outside on their deck. The veiw can't be beat. The food was very good and reasonably priced. Large portions on the freshly made noodle dishes. Iverall a good experience and we will be back on our next trip to Newport.

• 4 of 5 stars Food