“Don't bother with this one...” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Newport

You added Travelodge Newport to your Saves list
Travelodge Newport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1311 N. Coast Hwy, Newport, OR 97365 (Formerly Newport Motor Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free High Speed Internet
Ranked #18 of 26 Hotels in Newport
Glasgow, Scotland.
“Don't bother with this one...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed here one night when touring around the US for a summer. Situated out of town on a strip of McD's/gas stations etc, not terribly picturesque but handy for the highway. Lady on reception didn't crack a smile or utter a word more than absolutely necessary when checking us in, left several times to speak to other customers/friends before eventually giving us keys. Room looked okay on first glance but the bedding was seriously marked and there were various marks of things smeared on the wall next to the bed, I hate to think what! The cleaner had left rags in the sink in the bathroom - it was just really not up to standard. I would have asked for another room but given the desk clerks performance earlier I couldn't be bothered after many hours on the road. Breakfast the next morning was very disappointing, literally cheap bread and nasty doughnuts spread amongst a mountain of polystyrene overflowing from the bins. We found a consistently high standard in US hotels but this one? We were glad to leave, not impressed - don't bother at all, plenty of other options in the area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
comfortinn1, Public Relations Manager at Travelodge Newport, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for posting your review about your recent stay at the Travelodge Newport. We are constantly striving to make improvements in our motel. We are so sorry that we were not up to your standards and will make every effort to improve in the areas you mentioned. Your comments go a long way in helping to train our employees and the owners of the property. Please know that we value your business and hope that you will consider using us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

My boyfriend and I choose to stay at Newport this past weekend for our anniversary. We looked at lots of hotels and found this one to have the best rating and it had been recently remodeled! We booked the hotel on their website which said they had a pool and showed pictures of the pool are...at check in what turned out to be the manager was rude he disnt tell us where our room was or when breakfast was nothing on information about the place matter-a-fact he hardly spoke English! So we found our room and it was on the top floor away from the stairs so it was pretty quiet. We get into the room and as soon as we step in my boyfriends feet get soaked. The door jam was too big for the door so the wind brought the rain right into our room! Then I went to use the bathroom there was brown stuff smeared all over the wall and light switch I hope it wasnt poop. Then later that night I crawled into bed and there was a rolled up medical tape, bandages and gauze in the sheets! I called down to the front desk because that was the last straw and someone answered then promptly hung up on me! I tried talking to the manager the next morning and was ignored by him! He stayed behind the black door behind the front desk and looked right at me as I said hello sir can you come out here I would like to speak with you!? He just ignored me! This place was gross by far the grosses hotel ive ever stayed at and I will never stay again! If we wouldnt have had to stay there for as many nights as we did becuase we had a wedding to attend late Sunday I would have rather just gone home! I have pictured of all this nasty stuff that I will post! Please dont waste your money by staying here!

• Stayed October 2012
Bend, Oregon, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

My fiancé, my son (2), and I stayed here for one night as a short trip to the coast. We were looking for something cheap and a place that we could simply take a shower and sleep in. We both thought it was well worth it! I wouldn't recommend it if you are looking for something to continuously spend the day in. Our room was TINY! But it was perfect for what we wanted it for. There was a small fridge and a microwave, which was an unexpected plus. It was very CLEAN and quite. The tv was awesome! Great size flat screen that was also a very unexpected surprise. Shower pressure was decent but the great thing was the temperature...it got so hot we were in heaven!! The beach was close by. Definitely walking distance but we drove since it was pouring rain. All in all, when we take a trip to the coast and need a place to sleep,we would go back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Travelodge Newport? Share your experiences!