“Got what I paid for.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Newport

You added Knights Inn Newport to your Saves list
Knights Inn Newport
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   1823 N. Coast Hwy., Newport, OR 97365 (Formerly Newport Bay Motel)   |
Ranked #19 of 25 Hotels in Newport
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
“Got what I paid for.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I'm not too picky when it comes to hotels. The price for the hotel was very reasonable, but I wasn't blown away by the value. There was a faint chemical cleanser smell in the room when I entered, and the heater was somewhat hard to figure out. Don't expect much if you stay here. If you're in town visiting the beaches and just need a place to sleep and aren't planning to spend much time in the room, then it should meet your needs. Otherwise, I would try some other hotel options in town.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Jeff and Dannie are the greatest, friendliest management team I've ever I met. I usually only write reviews if something is really good or really bad, and I found the Knights Inn to have the most sincere, real, staff of ANY place I've stayed.
((To those saying no air conditioner, yes they do have air conditioned rooms, mine was $1 upgrade online, and they tell you that upfront, offering you a room with a/c. True, not all the rooms have a/c yet, but they're working it. Newport hasrelatively cool weather with a nice breeze, even my stay at the Shilo there didn't have a/c.))
We had come home from our vacation to find our rental full of water, mold etc. Regardless, we had to leave our home immediately and I called a different hotel. I found drug paraphernalia at that hotel where I stayed with my kids!!! (that's another review). Ugh. So I got on TripAdvisor to find someplace within my price range, but BETTER, and made my reservation online at Knights Inn. I called early that next morning to try to beg my way into an earlier check-in, but didn't need to beg! Dannie said, "Your room is ready, come on over!" Hallelujah!
We ended up staying there for a week and a half. It was great! We had a microwave and fridge, and Fred Meyer and several places to eat were within a block. They don't really offer a big breakfast, as they have several signs up suggesting all the places nearby from drive thru to sit down. But we found the coffee, juice, and muffins offered in the lobby, to be just perfect! I loved the OJ!
Our bathroom area was huge, we had a two Queen room and it was 3X the size of the first hotel that cost me MORE money!! The house keepers were fabulous, realizing we didn't need anything except some towels now and then, so they would ask.
As I said, Jeff and Dannie are fabulous people! Watch out for Jeff, he's quite the kidder! They did anything they could to help us while we were homeless, and I really appreciated them. It's not often I stay at a place that long, and get to know the managers. What ever they're getting paid should be doubled!!! They really go the extra mile, and it's never "too late" for assistance.
Go, now, and call for your reservation!!!

Room Tip: Don't spend big hotel bucks, this place is close to everything, even the beach!
Eugene, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

we stayed at knights inn and were very comfortable, the couple at the front desk were very friendly and helpful, the beds and pillows were comfy. it was very close to every thing, the house keepers were also very nice and helpful, even though they were very busy. we had everything we needed and if we needed ,they were more than happy to make sure we got what we needed, we will continue to come back .

Room Tip: rooms in back are quieter but really not that noisey
Chiloquin, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Was on the highway tho and a little on the noisy side tho. We only stayed for one night and was on the front corner of the building. It is pet freindly tho and that is what we are always looking for.Although you have to go a little distance to let the pets relieve themselves.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

What type of motel does not have air conditioning in the 21st century? Granted it gets pretty chilly at night, even in the Summer, but the only alternative was opening a window, with a bent screen, and listening to trucks roar by all night. Mattress was worn and springy, and there are not enough outlets in the room to plug in any devices. Stay here only if you cannot afford anything else.

Room Tip: Avoid the side of the motel closest to Highway 101
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
NptHospitality, Manager at Knights Inn Newport, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Dear elbojbb,

I want to sincerely apologize for the unpleasant stay you had at our establishment. Your comments were most troubling but I want to unequivocally thank you for bringing this to our attention. With valuable feedback like yours, we strive and continue to improve everyday for our guests.

It is our highest priority to provide our guests with an exceptional experience and in this instance we certainly failed to do this. What you experienced is totally unacceptable and we have already taken steps to ensure that this does not happen again.

While we cannot change the past, I would like to invite you back so that we can show you that we really can do a much better job than what you experienced.

Once again, please accept our sincere apology for this unfortunate incident and thank you for letting us know about it.

Best regards,

Knights Inn Newport Management
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are extremely small, not clean, very rusty looking doors. It was not at all what was advertised or looked like in their photos. Although from the outside it looked decent, once you got anywhere near the rooms the decor was well hidden from the outside. I would strongly advise against staying there. The one bright spot was that the customer service was pretty good, very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2013
Surprise, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Room was shabby with older furniture and tv. Carpet was very grimy and felt kind of oily to the touch. Drapes, bedspread and sheets were full of holes. Breakfast was almost nonexistent and forget it if you wanted decaf coffee. Initial checkin desk person was young and enthusiastic. Checkout person had to be coaxed back in to building before he could finish his smoke outside. Overall dirty feel to public areas. Parking lot was newly stripped. I would not return here.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Steven,

Thank you for your feedback in regards to our establishment. Knights Inn Newport prides itself on providing our guests with the highest level of friendly, responsive service. Making our guests feel welcome and well cared for is our highest priority and I am very sorry that you did not experience the level of service and attention that our guests have come to expect.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. We have already taken steps to ensure that lapses such as this do not happen again.

Best Regards,

Knights Inn Newport Management

Been to Knights Inn Newport? Share your experiences!