“Best pizza and service!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 96 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Healthy
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Description: Wonderful, fresh, local ingredients, and made to order foods. We offer appetizers, salads, sandwiches, fish tacos, specialty dinners and the best pizza in town. Delivery available, Family Friendly, WiFi. Open 11-9 with live music Tues, Thur, Fri, and Saturday nights and Sunday day. Come on down for the BEST meal there is in Nye Beach.(541) 574-9365 526 NW Coast Street in Newport, Oregon.
portland oregon
“Best pizza and service!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2009

We have a big family and have tried Savory a few times. We ate there last week and could not believe how amazing!!! Everyone in the place is so friendly and happy to help with anything. Things seemed to have stepped a little since I'd been there last and all of us noticed it. I heard that one of the original owners had sold to the other partner Mike. It's obvious that whatever they are doing is working and that Mike truly works his business with class! Great place for any dinner, parties especially lots of tables and great for pizza parties or a night at home with delivery!

Good Luck, it's great!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Bellingham, Washington
“As good as it gets!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2009

Without trying to gush over it I absolutely LOVED this restaurant! I was in town visiting my brother for the weekend and we caught this place for dinner on both Friday and Saturday night (live music!!! not too loud but a little hard to carry on a conversation), and even had to go back for a quick lunch on Sunday before leaving. There were more things I'd have liked to try but in having the Atheena prawns (omg!), artichoke appetiser, cheese penne, and the pizza (one of the best I've EVER had) I'll be sure to go back next time. The icing on the cake was on Sunday when co-owner Mike took us back into the kitchen to say thank you to the staff. It was VERY clean (a big one for me) and I guess it would of had to be or he'd of been stupid for showing me it in the first place. Wonderful experience all around.

Boise, Id
“Fabulicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2009

I've never been to Newport, Oregon and the only reason I went there was to check out the Savory Cafe. I heard through the grapevine that this was the best place in Oregon to eat and since my fiancee and I are food lovers we made the special trip! All I can say is "WOW"! The food, atmosphere, service, value and company was absolutely amazing. It's a very comfortable place. Mike and Nancy leave you feeling like you have known them your whole life. I guess you could say they are family!!! There was not one disappointed person in our group. Every dish was delicious! The artichoke pate and homade pizza bread will always be the beginning of any future meal with us. Best wishes and much success to you all....Channon and Mark :-)

Vancouver, BC
“A breath of fresh air!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2009

After driving down from BC and being subjected to all of the "predictable" fast food places on route, we were recommended "Savory" by the hotel that we were staying in as other guests had raved about how good it was!

...and we weren't disappointed - the service was great, the food was great (for both vegetarians and meat eaters) and the cost was more than reasonable.

Oh, and the pizzas are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!

We'll be definitely going there again next time we visit Oregon.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Portland, OR
“Best Restaurant in Newport”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2009

I was in Newport to celebrate my birthday, and found the Savory Cafe through the Chamber of Commerce. I was very interested in their menu, so I made it my first stop in Newport, and ended up eating all my meals there. Chris and Mike are wonderful people and their food is out of this world. Chris' prawns and his ling cod special just melt in your mouth, and his "pot of gold" (a chocolate piece of heaven) is fantastic. Chris uses local goose eggs to make this dessert and I'm addicted to it. Mike made me a greek pizza that was absolutely delicious! I'll defenitely be back for more.

The best thing about the Savory Cafe is that the food is fresh, health, delicious and very reasonably priced. I've recommended them to all my friends since I returned to Portland. It's the "BEST RESTAURANT IN NEWPORT".

If you want great food, a friendly atmosphere and wonderful music - this is the place to go.

Chris and Mike - YOU'RE THE GREATEST.

Linda J., Portland, OR