“This Hotel is the Place to Stay:)!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Elizabeth Street Inn

You added Elizabeth Street Inn to your Saves list
Elizabeth Street Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   232 SW Elizabeth Street, PO Box 1342, Newport, OR 97365   |
Special Price
15% off:call 877-265-9400
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Newport
Victoria, Canada
“This Hotel is the Place to Stay:)!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

This hotel is excellent! The reason I chose this hotel was because I read such great reviews on tripadvisor, and it was worth it! The price for this hotel is so reasonable for all that you get...the location, the VIEW (WOW!), and the food (breakfast, seafood chowder, and cookies). Each hotel room has a view, with your own private balcony. The furniture for the balcony was spotless, and you are provided with robes for those chilly nights while watching ocean storms, or for going down to the pool. The rooms are very luxurious, with a fire place and fan.
I was worried that our room would be noisy being so close to the breakfast room, however, we didn't hear anything, and it was busy in the hotel and when we went to breakfast. Our room was so quiet! It was lovely!
We came as a family, but this would be a super romantic place for couples!
I would definitely come again, and recommend this hotel to anyone going to enjoy the Oregon Coast! Newport, Oregon is a beautiful city to enjoy, rain or shine, (since we experienced both during our trip), and this hotel is the place to stay:)!

Room Tip: Stay at this hotel, if you are going to Newport, Oregon!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Boise, Idaho, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Our family of five recently stayed at the Elizabeth Street Inn and I can honestly say that we loved absolutely everything about our stay. Everything from the amazing view, the fireplace in our room, the delicious breakfast, yummy salmon chowder and cookies in the evenings, and the friendly staff!!! Our room was beautiful and spacious! Loved it! Can't wait for our next trip to Newport and the Elizabeth Street Inn!

Tigard, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

I will start off with saying that we stayed in a "pet room," so my review may not apply to other styles.
The room was nice, with fairly sturdy furniture that matched and had a very welcoming fireplace that was enjoyed during the cool March evenings. When it warmed up during the day, it was nice to open the sliding glass door to enjoy the sounds of the seaside.
There were some minor issues: housekeeping could have done a better job at dusting, the bed was a little "spongy" in feeling, which made it feel as though it was due to be replaced and I was puzzled by the 32" HDTV only having standard definition channels.
The breakfast was average, with powdered eggs, sausage, biscuits, Libby's gravy, self poured waffles, juices, cold cereal, breads and unripened fruits. I was unable to sample the evening's chowder, but did get to enjoy a couple of hot cookies that were available at 8pm.
To get to the pool, hot tub and exercise room, you will have to walk through a dingy underground garage, which may feel unsafe for some at night and be very cold in winter months. I did not try the hot tub, as there was a white foam floating on top, which indicates that some cleaning is necessary.
Aside from what were only minor issues, I would recommend this hotel, especially for those with well behaved dogs.

Room Tip: Rooms ending with 34 are at the northwest corner of the hotel, thus having an extra window to look u...
Madras, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

The Elizabeth Street Inn has everything going for it - location, accommodations, amenities, etc. I was attending a conference that was located at another hotel close by. I do not care for the hotel chain that the conference was located so booked a room at the Elizabeth Street Inn. I had stayed at the Hallmark faciity (about 300 yards south of ESI) before but it was sold out. Glad it was. I had read previous reviews and concur with most that this is a great place to stay when visiting (business or pleasure) Newport. My room was well appointed and spacious. Comfortable bed, large flat screen TV, ocean front balcony, fireplace, robes, etc. I agree that the elevator is a bit slow - not sure why given there are only 4 floors? Breakfast is average fare although there were eggs and bacon, waffles, biscuits and gravy, and the usual breads, cereals, etc. There is ample covered parking that is nice during coastal rains. Restaurants/shops are within walking distance (5-6 blocks?) Nye Beach area. Highly recommend Nana’s Irish Pub and Café Mundo. All and all you can’t go wrong staying at ESI!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Ormond Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

My wife and I had a very nice stay, great property with amazing views and the fireplace was a nice touch also.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Lela232, General Manager at Elizabeth Street Inn, responded to this review, March 24, 2012
Thank you for the review. Hope to see you again soon!

Roseburg, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

This was our second visit to the Elizabeth Street Inn and we were not disappointed. The rooms are very nice, they offer a great view, and the breakfast is very good. Our only problem was the front desk staff ... not friendly at all and rather rude.

Room Tip: Our view this time included the roof of the pool which included the A/C unit ... next time I will be...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
I was very disappointed to hear you had anything but great service from our staff! Would you please be so kind as to call me so I could get some particulars as to what happened? The number is 541-265-9400. I was surprised when I read your remarks because we get so many comment cards praising the staff and how they go out of their way to help. By calling me I can address the issues with more coaching.

Your continued patronage is very much appreciated and I was happy to see you enjoyed your visit.

Best regards,

Eugene, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

The Elizabeth is a quaint inn located on a beautiful bluff overlooking the ocean. The hotel is simple but well kept and clean and had exceptional service. Our room was clean and had a beautiful view of the ocean for a reasonable price. Salmon chowder is served in the lobby each night followed by fresh baked cookies at 8pm and there was a decent hot breakfast in the morning. Overall we both loved our experience & will definitely go back!

Room Tip: All rooms have a view of the ocean & the hotel is pretty quiet so you really can't go wrong...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us, we greatly appreciate it. Great to hear you had such a great experience while you were with us.

Look forward to seeing you next time you visit Newport.

Hope it is sunny where you are!

Lela

Been to Elizabeth Street Inn? Share your experiences!