“Anniversary Trip to the Oregon Coast” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Newberg
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Dallas, Texas
“Anniversary Trip to the Oregon Coast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Great spot for the beginning 2 nights of our anniversary trip. From the beautiful setting in the Willamette Valley wine country to the luxurious rooms to the very attentive staff, the Allison Inn & Spa is a wonderful place to relax & be pampered. The Concierge--Allison Abraira--was extremely knowledgeable, helpful and went way beyond the norm in helping us plan our activities while in the Willamette Valley. I would highly recommend the Allison Inn.

Room Tip: We stayed in a Penthouse Level Deluxe OneKing Room, which at any other hotel would have been classif...

441 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Beaverton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

We had the pleasure of staying at the Allison Inn & Spa for a night. It was a great stay. When we first stepped in the lobby, we were impressed with the atmosphere of the Inn. It smelt clean and fresh. The front staff warmly greeted us and made us feel as if we were the only guest that was there.

I’ve forgotten his name and I'm sorry that I did, but the reception man that escorted us to our room was very friendly and he wonderfully briefed my wife and me of all the amenities the Inn provided. He showed us how to work the fireplace and the electronic blinds, and gave us little history about the Inn. This was very informative since I realized I truly needed to use fireplace and have some privacy later that night.

Those first several minutes really set a very high tone for the entire visit. Once we arrived in our room, we were impressed with the decor. The interior design and all the accessories looked so "appealing and warm", with a touch of touch of elegance. It had modern furnishings, elegant bed linen, free wireless Internet, and free complimentary snacks. The entire room layout was overall outstanding. We loved it!

We reserved “A Night of Wine & Roses” package, which included a $100 credit to Jory restaurant (and yes we did use all of it for dinner - final bill $120) There was a minor glitch, in that I had requested the luxury bath be ready after out dinner but, we were disappointed that the bath was not ready. Once, I inquired, the staff immediately sent someone to prepare the bath. It did bring down our overall expectation, but for only for a few a minutes. Once my wife and I entered the bubble bath and a couple drinks of our Champagne over candlelight, it was quickly forgotten, replaced with a very romantic night that my wife and I had shared our hearts.

We had such a great time at the Allison. We decided to make this an annual event. We are looking forward in coming back next year in June!

Room Tip: Get a package deal and call 5-7 days ahead to make a reservation at Jory restaurant.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights as part of a longer cycling tour of this brilliant wine region. The Allison was by far the most wonderful place we stayed. The service was excellent, the space fantastic including beautifully landscaped gardens to walk in, a rose garden to relax in and an outdoor fire on the deck to take the chill of early or late evenings drinks. When we stayed we listened to great jazz music in the bar on both evenings with 2 different groups of great musicians and singers. The wine list was excellent and the food truly wonderful in the restaurant, the quality of the ingredients combined with the skill of the cooking and "nothing too difficult" approach to service made this part of our anniversary holiday something we won't forget. Even the bar menu is good, don't miss the fantastic chef's flatbread which when we were there was feta, lamb and pesto. All our restaurant meals were memorable including a superb rabbit entree and beautiful lentil and lamb dish. We also did dessert and the rhubarb crisp is motto be missed. We were only sorry we were there for 2 nights and I am determined to go back some day but it's a long journey from Ireland and England... But so worth it . Finally I had 2 of the best massages in my life at the spa which after c30 miles cycling was bliss, another great reason to stay and I didnt have time to indulge further but would have as its a beautiful place to relax and be pampered, and I didn't even get the the lovely heated pool so I know we need to visit again. Thanks to all at the Allison for a wonderful experience.

• Stayed June 2012
Littleton, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

Friends invited us for a weekend of wine tasting and recommended this hotel. What a treat! The service is first rate -- think Four Seasons quality. They have Lexus loaner vehicles available for guest use and the valet parking is complementary. The valet and bell staff were happy to help with the cases of wine we purchased and always helpful. Ditto for every other staff member we encountered.

The pride and craftsmanship that went into this property is evident in all the beautiful tile and woodwork. The hotel is also LEED-certified at the silver level. I'd describe the guest rooms as "wine country zen" -- really just beautiful and comfortable. We stayed in a "regular" guest room that overlooked the Estate Garden (how many varieties of stunning yellow roses can you imagine?) and it was quiet and peaceful.

Actually, now that I think about it, everything about this hotel was QUIET. We were on the main floor (which is the 3rd floor) and never heard anyone outside our room, over our heads or under our feet. The fan in the bathroom is so quiet, you can barely tell it's running.

I could go on and on, but suffice it to say that the food and wine were fabulous (fresh scones, muffins and croissants from the kitchen every morning).

Don't miss the spa! Great service -- hubby and I both enjoyed massages and the therapists were first-rate.

I could see this as a destination for couples, a girls weekend, or a business meeting. It didn't seem like a place for kids.

Room Tip: I really don't know that there's a bad room in this place. A "regular guestroom" i...
victoria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

A spur of the moment decision to stay here while touring the Oregon wine area.
Reception area staff were very welcoming and offered us an upgrade to a suite.
The suite was beautiful with all we could wish for and overlooked the vineyards.
Dining was an absolute pleasure and the sommelier was extremely helpful in choosing a lesser known pinot noir which was excellent..the wine list was above and beyond
The food was exceptional provided by an open concept kitchen...breakfast was another gourmet delight.
All in all a place we will return to.

Room Tip: a beautiful place to stay while touring the Oregon wine area
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I spent two nights at the Allison last summer, after getting married at Edgefield. Let me just say that after three nights of the Edgefield experience (which I still love, but is super casual service) the Allison Inn was pure paradise. Every step of the way, from the front desk, to the spa, and dinners at Jory, the service and attention to detail we're exceptional. The hotel itself is very beautiful as well, as are the acres of hotel grounds.... My husband and I had taken a long walk around the grounds, then settled down on some steps to talk one afternoon, and much to our surprise and delight, a server walked all of the way out to us with complimentary glasses of chapagne, just because! Now that is treating your customers right, we we're so happily surprised! Since our short stay last summer I have recommended the Allison to all of our friends, as many of us frequently visit Oregon's wine country. So I guess my advice is, Stay At The Allison!! It will exceed your expectations!!

• Stayed July 2011
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

The Allison Inn & Spa is a high end resort in the middle of average looking Newberg. Great attention to detail, a beautiful property, gorgeous rooms, an excellent restaurant and a wonderful spa.
We spent 4 days here at the end of December and over new year's eve. Our room was very comfortable and everything was well thought out. Great bed, a gas fireplace, huge bathroom and even a small dining area where we ate our room Great services and amenities.
A wonderful place to come back to every afternoon after a day of wine tasting.
We had a few minor customer service issues during our stay and when I replied to the guest survey after our stay, I received a personal email from the manager and a credit for one night of our stay. Very classy and excellent follow up from management!
The only place to stay in Oregon wine country!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Allison Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!