My husband surprised me with a visit to the Allison Inn & Spa for my birthday in October, and I can honestly say it was the best hotel I have ever had the privilege of staying in. From the moment we walked through the doors until the moment we left, we had impeccable service from every staff member we encountered. They made us feel like royalty.
My husband arranged for the wine and roses package, which included:
- Champagne upon arrival
- Luxury bath experience with essential oils, rose petals,
- tea light candles, bubbles galore, a single red rose, fluffy robes
- $100 dining credit in JORY, our signature restaurant or in-room dining
- Use of our indoor swimming pool, Jacuzzi & fitness studio
- Complimentary overnight valet parking
Our room was spacious and comfortable, with a fireplace, a cozy window seat overlooking the grounds, a soaking tub, and a very comfortable king size bed. We were greeted with a plate of decadent chocolate truffles, a basket of snacks and a birthday greeting card. It was tempting to lounge there all day, but we were only staying for one night and it was time to explore.
We started with a glass of wine out on the rooftop deck overlooking the beautiful grounds. We then decided to head out for some wine tasting, and the concierge gave us complimentary wine tasting tickets for both Dobbes and Four Graces, both very close by. We also stumbled upon a cupcake shop called The Sweetest Thing that I would highly recommend visiting. Delicious and they had gluten-free cupcakes, a plus for hubby.
Dinner at Jory was absolutely delicious. The service was wonderful, the food was divine, and we were able to consult a sommelier for our wine choices. We are tempted to come back for either their Thanksgiving dinner or their New Years Eve dinner at the chef's table in the kitchen.
We opted for our champagne to be delivered before our bath was drawn in the evening after dinner. To be honest, I wasn't sure what the positives were in having someone else draw a bath for you. I said to my husband, "so... he's just going to turn the water on for us?" A gentleman arrived about 10 minutes before bath time and served us our champagne. He returned a few moments later with a cart full of bath items and disappeared into the bathroom. While we sipped on our champagne, he created a lovely romantic atmosphere for us to enjoy. After he left, we discovered the bathtub brimming over with bubbles, rose petals scattered everywhere, candles lit, more chocolate truffles, and a lovely red rose. It was all very romantic and I felt very pampered and spoiled!
We called the front desk twice that evening for various things, and they were extremely helpful and polite. We ordered room service for breakfast, which came promptly and was very good. My husband had oatmeal with bananas and I had eggs and potatoes and a mocha. My potatoes were a little bit cold and dry, as though they had been made much earlier in the day, but that is my only mild complaint. Everything else was delicious.
After breakfast we headed down to the spa. I had a 60-minute mimosa massage with champagne oils which was wonderfully relaxing. It included a non-alcoholic mimosa to sip on in the lounge afterward- a very nice touch. My husband swam in the pool and enjoyed the steam room. We relaxed in the co-ed lounge together as long as we could before checkout. It was a fabulous little getaway and I can't wait to do it again!
()*I'm sorry I can't speak to the value, as it was a gift and I'm not certain of the price)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the lush beauty of Oregon Wine Country's Willamette Valley, The Allison Inn & Spa boasts 85 luxury Newberg, OR hotel rooms and suites with gas fireplaces, personal terraces or balconies, spacious spa bathrooms with soaking tubs, 42’ flat-screen TVs and complimentary Wi-Fi. Signature hotel amenities include fine dining at JORY, a pampering spa with 12 treatment rooms, a fitness studio and a swimming pool. While staying at this Oregon Wine Country hotel, explore the property’s 35 acres of fragrantly elegant gardens and pathways connecting to vineyards and a beautiful picnic area. The Allison is also a premier choice for meetings, social events and weddings, offering a variety of flexible event spaces for up to 480 guests. When it’s time for an adventure, head out to enjoy a number of exciting activities on your Oregon vacation, such as hiking, grape stomping, wine tasting, and so much more. Suitable for family vacations, romantic getaways, business trips and solo adventures, The Allison Inn & Spa offers something for every pursuit in scenic Willamette Valley. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Allison Hotel Newberg
- Allison Inn And Spa