“This semi-hidden dining pleasure is just south of Tillamook.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
River Falls, Wisconsin
“This semi-hidden dining pleasure is just south of Tillamook.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

After we went for a hike in in the Tillamook National Forest we were craving some good seafood. Alas! none of us knew of a good seafood restaurant in the area. We found this very nice place off the highway right on Netarts Bay. It was a bit chilly but we took a table on the patio. The good news was that the patio had a clear glass wall that shielded us from the winds while also allowing a view of the beautiful bay. We also had a table with a fire in the center which helped warm us. Very cool. The entrée I ordered was nothing like I have had before, but excellent and savory. Simply called "Seafood Boullabaise" it was prepared in a spicy saffron base and contained shrimp, calamari, baby octopus, and scallops and basil. All with a nice half-loaf of French bread. Sooo delicious! Others at our table had the salmon, clam chowder, and seafood pasta. Everyone was truly satisfied. The wine selection was also very good. There is a HUGE picnic table in the center of the patio, the largest I have ever seen. I mean this table has some seriously thick planking and has to be around 16 feet long! (see photos). I would definitely return here again when I happen to be traveling the Oregon coast.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

San Jose, California, United States
“2nd Time worst than the 1st”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

On Aug 26, a Sunday, we figured that we would try the Schooner again. The first time was before the remodel. The 1st time food was terrible and service not so good. This time the service was terrible and food not so good. This time we arrived and was greeted by a gentleman who took us to take a seat anywhere. We sat outside. 12 minutes later we received water and a menu. Seemed pricey by comparison but we were hungry so we ordered a burger and a crab sandwich. After taking our order our server said "the food is taking a long time". Guess we should has asked "how long?" 55 minutes later the server said it was getting plated. She could sense our frustration. When the food came the burger was overly well done. I had ordered medium. When I mentioned this to the server she said there was nothing she could do. My wife asked for a replacement. The server came back and said she had gotten into an argument with chef but there was nothing she could do. When we asked for a new burger we were told it would take a minimum of another 30 minutes. She said she would comp 2 beers and that was roughly the same price as the burger. It wasn't and she only comped 1 beer. We pointed this out and when she comped the 2nd beer we paid and left the burger uneaten. It's a burger for gosh sakes. Don't go here unless you enjoy spending almost two hours and want to leave without eating.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Milwaukee
“Decidedly average”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Went there for lunch, based on a recommendation from a local. The loaction is nice and they make you pay for it. This place is not cheap, which I wouldn't mind, if the food reflected this, it tries, but doesn't make it. I had the Fish Tacos, but the fried lumps of fish in each taco was essentially tasteless. The two others in our party had other things and their comments were the same. The Reuben had deli corned beef, one would have expected something better for the price.
If going to this ara, find somewhere else for lunch.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“I Like It!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

I noted several negative reviews recently, so approached the Schooner with some trepidation. Since it was only about 1/4 mile from our rental beach house, I couldn't help to at least try. I am glad I did!

Service was standout! Very conscientious and attentive. The food was on the pricy side. OK, I'll admit food was not world class. But big points for trying. It was good enough for us to come back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Perkasie, Pennsylvania
“This restaurant deserves a review minus a terrible review”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Short and sweet...do NOT go to Schnooner"s Inn. Long, long wait. Horrible service, unaccountable for mistakes (abundant mistakes). This place was the worst I've been to in a very, very long while. And I dine out quite frequently. Everyone who worked there tonight should be ashamed to call themselves employees except for one young woman who came out of the woodwork. My husband, who is normally as calm as you can be, gets upset..watch out. I quote: "I just don't care," said the chef, when calm husband was trying to explain what was so wrong. I repeat: DO NOT GO.

• 1 of 5 stars Food