“My Kind of Bar” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Ft. Collins, CO
“My Kind of Bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

The sign on the highway shows a pilsener glass and points down a hill toward the bay. What looks like a great summertime patio was all put up for the season, as the winter weather rained and blew in from the adjacent ocean. Retreating from the weather into the bar side of the eatery (as opposed to the restaurant side) I found a pleasantly cozy establishment, sat myself at the burly wooden bar, and struck up conversation with the bartender. The beer selection was admirable, and the darkness of the Black Butte Porter special edition was mimicked by the pleasantly dark environment of this true tavern. Pleasant experience, and just what the doctor ordered. I tried the oyster plate, with french fries. The Netart's Bay fried oysters were big enough I had to eat them with a fork. Delicious, rich, the taste of the ocean. If you're in this area, oysters from the local bay should be on your list. This was a comfortable bar, well composed and distinctly separate from the adjacent restaurant. Let the families and kids eat in the well lit restaurant, while the rest of us weather the Pacific winter storm next door in the bar, with beer, fried oysters and tall tales.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Portland, Oregon, United States
“Few choices”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

If you want a late supper, Netarts is not the place to be. We were tired and hungry on a Friday evening when we arrived and asked at our hotel where to find a meal in Netarts. It was nearly 9 o'clock when we pulled into the parking lot at the Schooner. There was no one in the dining room and the server said we were welcome to come in, but the place was closing in 2 minutes. We asked if food was served in the bar and were told there was a bar menu, so that's where we decided to have supper. The bar wasn't too busy or loud, but the menu had very few choices. I had an interesting salad and my friend had the sliders. I would say the food was just ok, nothing spectacular. We did, however, get all the details (several times) about how someone had gotten sick in the hallway leading to the restrooms. Not very appetizing dinner conversation. So, if you're looking for a place to eat in Netarts after 9 on a Friday night, you'll find food at the Schooner, and it may be a meal to remember, but not because it's a culinary delight.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tillamook, Oregon
“Too pricey, but food is good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Unusually good food for a pizza type restaurant. Brick ovens, bar, and outside seating give you a mental picture of the type of restaurant I'm describing. I rarely go here, because the price is not equivolent to the taste of food served and offered. However it is good food. There is a view of the bay-but you have to look thru the parking lot to see it.

rural montana
“Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Nice place to eat but not some were i would go out of my way to eat. The watiress was very accomodating and friendly unlike some of the reviews I have read and even returned the $20 we had dropped on the floor. The food was OK, Hard to find good food when we go to this area and we often end up buying seafood and cooking it ourselves. Very nice view but it was dark and did not get to take advantage of the view. Bit pricey for the food.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
oregon city
“Best homemade Corn beef and hash”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

My wife and I had breakfast there the i ordered the corned beef has and she had a chorizo omlette. Both were homemade and had perfect fresh ingredients. We also had a bloody mary excuse me my wife had two(a first). They were also hand crafted and couldn't have been tastier

Visited October 2012