“Treated like royalty!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Painted Lady Bed & Breakfast and Tea Room

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Myrtle Creek
The Painted Lady Bed & Breakfast and Tea Room
Save Saved
You added The Painted Lady Bed & Breakfast and Tea Room to your Saves list
231 NW Third Ave, Myrtle Creek, OR 97457   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Myrtle Creek B&B and Inns
San Diego, California
“Treated like royalty!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

My husband and I returned to the charming town of Myrtle Creek in Southern Oregon last weekend as we drove from Seattle to San Diego. For he second time, we stayed at the Painted Lady B & B and Tea Room which is only 3 minutes off the I-5 freeway. We were warmly welcomed, treated to fresh and delicious chocolate chip cookies and hot tea, and ushered into our delightfully decorated Victorian room. Robes were provided, extra quilts, luxurious towels and access to a lovely sitting room for games after eating dinner at the local Mexican restaurant. Our innkeeper, Wendi, served a three course hot breakfast in the dining room at 8am the next morning, replete with doilies, fine china and cloth napkins. Every detail is thought of to make weary travelers feel like royalty! We will return to the Painted Lady often!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

17 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Medford, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Celebrated my birthday at the Painted Lady (again) and I look forward to it every time. Not only is the food superb (chicken bean soup, vegetarian quiche and Oreo cheesecake) but the ambiance and decor are yummy too. My granddaughters enjoy their annual visit because Wendi encourages them to "dress up" in the fun and glitzy hats, boas, shoes and princess dresses she provides. It's a treat for the soul, candy for the eyes, and fun too. We sat by the fireplace where it was cozy today. It's a great place to find a special gift or card too. Dan and Wendi have made it a wonderful place to stay as well. I'd highly recommend their B&B to travelers. And if you live locally and haven't visited yet, shame on you! You'll absolutely love this place.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
eugene,oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

This is nice and quaint place to rest. We had the whole place to ourselves which was nice since there is a shared bathroom. The dessert and breakfast were very good. Lots of drinks in the fridge. Wendy thought of everything. There's a laptop in the kitchen if you need to tap into the world otherwise without TV you really are disconnected from the world. You'll leave here full and if you go shopping in her antique store you'll leave with less money too!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dan J, Owner at The Painted Lady Bed & Breakfast and Tea Room, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Wendi and I want to thank you for staying at The Painted Lady Bed & Breakfast and Tea Room recently. We appreciate your kind and thoughtful review. It is rare that we have more than one guest or couple at a time unless there is a family, so the shared bathroom hasn't become an issue. Wendi just received a beautiful write up in the News-Review October insert, Encore. We hope you will come and stay again. Dan & Wendi Jocoy
Sacramento, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Exceptionally nice place to stay, especially if you are traveling along Interstate 5 looking for a unique experience on your journey. Men---this may not be your cup of tea :-) but the women will love it!

This was our first time staying in a B&B and we couldn't have been more pleased. Although it wasn't really the B&B experience we had heard of since we were the only ones in the house but that was great for us. The owners do not live there so it is only the guests that stay there.

Our wonderful experience started when we parked and a very nice man walked up to us and introduced himself as the husband of Wendi, the owner. Not only was he kind and welcoming we also found out he is the local pastor and mayor. Hey---we are hot stuff meeting the mayor on our first 10 minutes in town. He gave us great tips for places to eat and see while we were there. Thanks Dan!

The home itself is so quaint and beautiful with a million antiques everywhere I can't even begin to describe it. My face lit up the minute we walked in the door, my husband just smiled knowing this was the type of thing I loved. Wendi, the owner has done an amazing job of remodeling this old victorian home to make you truly feel like you are walking back in time. There are three rooms, all nicely decorated. We stayed in the Simon Selig room which had a very comfortable queen size bed along with a single trundle bed. I think my biggest giggle came when I saw the clawed tub with a shower curtain that goes completely around it. I couldn't wait to take a shower in it :-) I think my husband and I were both pleased we didn't have to share the bathroom with any other guests. FYI- The house does not have a TV which you certainly don't need.

The B&B is above an amazing tea room that Wendi has created. I would love to have a tea party for my granddaughters there someday. Thank you so much Wendi for taking the time to let us view your adorable tea room.

OK, this is a long review because we really loved this place. The most wonderful experience was Wendi's breakfast. Based on the previous reviews and website I wasn't sure just what to expect so let me share. It began with Wendi wanting to know what time we wanted breakfast the night before. We were not sure what to expect the next morning since they don't live there, around 1/2 hour prior to breakfast time we hear Wendi drive up but she goes in downstairs to the tea room to prepare the amazing breakfast. At the determined time she knocks on the door with a beautiful smile, sets the table with antique dishes and begins to bring us our 5 course breakfast. I will post pictures soon but I don't know that this is a standard menu. Not only was the breakfast incredible but Wendi took the time to sit with us and answer questions about living in Myrtle Creek since we are looking for a new area to relocate.

Overall, this place is a GREAT place to step out of the hassles of life and relax! It's truly as though you are in another world. Thank you so much Wendi and Dan for a wonderful experience. We will be back again as we make the journey from Sacramento to Portland to visit our children and grandchildren.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Wendi and I cannot thank you enough for such a thoughtful review of The Painted lady Bed & Breakfast and Tea Room. It was a blessing meeting you both and we will be praying about where you decide to relocate one day. We have met some of the kindest people since we started the B & B. We definitely hope to see you again. It would be our pleasure to serve in the Tea Room or in the B & B. Dan & Wendi Jocoy
Central Californa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Wow, we found the Painted Lady online, when planning our return drive from Seattle to the CA central San Joaquin Valley. We needed a respite, and are glad we chose this place! I had never stayed in a B&B where the owners did not live in. It was interesting to get the door code, let ourselves in, and even be the only guests! Wendy arrived bright and early, and prepared the most awesome breakfast! It rivaled upscale restaurants. Our room was lovely and cosy, and we loved the house's decor and ambience. We will stay here again when we drive to and from Seattle from Californa. Thanks Dan & Wendy!

Room Tip: just a short jaunt off the freeway, it is worth it, a tiny old town.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
We were so glad to have you stay recently at The Painted Lady Bed & Breakfast. Wendi knew having a secure touch keypad would be a great feature for our guests. We live only a 1/2 mile away and most days Wendi meets our guest(s) upon arrival. Sometimes though a guest will come in late so the touch keypad is perfect. The house is safe and secure and we are so glad you stayed and hope to have you again! Dan & Wendi Jocoy
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Worth the trip to Myrtle Creek, OR ! The rooms are beautiful, and the breakfast is great. It's near the wine country in Southern Oregon, so you can stay there and tour the wineries the next day. It's in a small town, so it's very quiet. The front garden is amazing as well.

Room Tip: I like the Simon Selig room the best.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Wendi and I really appreciated you staying at The Painted Lady recently. Wendi has done a great job at making the B & B a unique and pleasing experience. We feel very blessed to have such quality people stay with us. Thank you for your kind review and we definitely hope to have you come our way again in Myrtle Creek, Oregon! Dan & Wendi Jocoy
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I was visiting the Crater Lake and OR coast and stayed for 2 nights at Painted Lady B&B. My first night's stay was so satisfying that I came back for one more night to enjoy the warmth and at the B&B. The house is immaculately decorated and has lot of antiques and historical documents/evidences as well. The bedrooms are comfortable and there is a small porch + a living room area with books to read. There is a dining room/restaurant downstairs that is also worth seeing just for the decoration itself. Finally, I would be remiss, if I don't mention about the breakfast that Wendy serves every morning. Its a 5 course sumptuous breakfast consisting of fruit tart, scones, knish, sausage, french toast, etc that kept me full for the rest of the day. Honestly, I don't remember having such a hearty breakfast in ages! Thank you Wendy for your warmth & kindness; your hospitality is surely a trademark at Painted Lady B&B.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Thank you again for such a gracious and kind review of The Painted Lady Bed & Breakfast and Tea Room. Wendi really has done a great job in making the entire experience pleasant and fulfilling for our guests. We hope life finds you well and one day you might return to Myrtle Creek, Oregon. We would love to see you! Dan & Wendi Jocoy

Been to The Painted Lady Bed & Breakfast and Tea Room? Share your experiences!