“Wonderful place to spend a night” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Broetje House

Broetje House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Milwaukie
Broetje House
Save Saved
You added Broetje House to your Saves list
3101 Southeast Courtney Road, Milwaukie, OR 97222   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Milwaukie B&B and Inns
portland
“Wonderful place to spend a night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2009

I discovered this Bed and Breakfast by accident - thinking it was a different place-but since I had made reservations anyway - I decided to stay and I am very glad that I did.

From Eddie to the hostess and cook - it was wonderful.

I left early the next morning after a great breakfast because I had things I had to get done - but I do want to go back when I can stay longer - I have been thinking of it and it is my favorite of the 3 or 4 bed and breakfast inns that I have been in.

I think that anyone would enjoy it.

Billie Elkins

• Stayed October 2009

Couples
Solo
North Bay Area, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2008

My teenaged cousin and I stayed at Broetje House for a Spring Break weekend - the B&B is located 4 minutes from our family's apartment, and within 20 minutes from downtown Portland, so it was the perfect location. From the moment we checked in, Catherine, the onsite manager and chef extraordinaire, made us feel at home. The property looked just like it's pictured on its website except for less flowers due to the rainy season - even so, pink and red Camellias were blooming all over the property. We booked the largest bedroom, the Queen Anne Room, and Catherine arranged for a rollaway bed to be brought into the room to accomodate me - and didn't charge us for the extra bed! We still had plenty of space to move around the room. The Queen Anne is warm and charming - it is the only room with its own bathroom and it's large and comfortable for two people. After Catherine showed us around the property, she explained that we'd have free reign of the kitchen and could use any of the fine china there - I never get the opportunity to use my late grandmother's china, so I loved this. She asked us if we had any food allergies or wanted specific foods for breakfast and showed us a spot where we could leave notes for her if we didn't see her in the evenings - we spent our days sightseeing and visiting family and our nights at Broetje House. But I must tell you about the breakfasts - REALLY GOOD breakfasts. Every morning, we came downstairs to fresh coffee and tea - she showed my cousin how to use the old country stove to boil water in the tea kettle - and I took my coffee every morning on the sun porch and watched the snow flurries. We'd start with fresh fruit topped with yogurt or cream - Catherine even made Devonshire cream especially for my cousin's hot chocolate and fruit. REALLY GOOD breakfasts - I mean spinach and asiago cheese quiche with flaky crust, maple-laced bacon, waffles, apple sausage omlettes - OMG - the food was great! Catherine even made an extra quiche for my aunt!! Our overall experience at Broetje House was great - we were very comfortable. I'd recommend it to anyone and I intend to visit again by summer's end.

• Liked — Personal attention by onsite manager
  • Disliked — Nothing - liked everything.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Broetje House? Share your experiences!